SNES CLASSIC EDITION

I would also be interested in this information.

I wonder how authentic a replication this mini SNES is , will it have the useless bottom port that never got the CD drive add on ? :p

http://i.imgur.com/uqDJ8Ab.png

I admit I have button color jealousy. :(

As a child, I never knew!!!

It’s not the color. It’s how you use it.

I always thought the SNES looked really dull compared to other consoles. I had no idea that was only in the U.S.

I could have preordered one of these from the Nintendo UK shop (got it on my cart), but they only ship to the UK. Now that batch is gone.

I would love to get my hands on one (the SNES was my console) but I don’t think I’m going to be able to at a price I am confortable with.

Wow, that footage is rough. For some reason the Star Fox in my mind looked a lot better than that. My mind must be mushing together Star Fox with Star Fox 64. Though I bet even Star Fox 64 won’t look as good as I’m remembering it to be.

Oddly enough, on third party controllers. I had a Mad Katz SNES controller with the “fun” button style.

And so it begins…

:(

Wow, already exceeded my prediction upthread!

FK. It’s not even out yet.

I really hope Nintendo has been warehouse-stocking a bazillion of these things and they’re easily available at retail through Christmas. Be hilarious to see scalpers trying to dump them at money-losing prices after release.

(Given their inability to even meet demand for their flagship console, I don’t see that as likely. But it would be awesome.)

Amazon page is up! For email signups. :|

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721GGGS9

Yeah, I tried that e-mail sign-up on the NES Classic. It was an epic fail.

Sorry, yeah… these were Australian preoders, they were live early yesterday at three of the usual places that stock these things for us: JB Hi-Fi, The Gamesmen, and EB Games (already out of stock).

They’re all one per customer, limited stock, yada!

Yeah Nintendo.

I am telling you this. I have a raspberry pi emulation station set up. It works really well, and I certainly paid less than 80 bucks for it.

I desperately want to give you 80 dollars for this, as much as I desperately wanted to give you 60 dollars last year. As much as I have spent well over 80 dollars in the eshop on virtual console games. I have nowinstock.net alerts set up, and I am ready to preorder from multiple stores.

Let me give you 80 dollars. All I am asking is for you to let me pay you 80 dollars. I don’t want to have to be bad, but you give me no other choice.

The surest way to be sure Nintendo makes 5 million of these is for everyone to pretend they don’t want it. If Nintendo thinks the product will sit on store shelves forever and fill stockrooms, they’ll overproduce it.
Examples: Animal Crossing Amiibos, Wii U’s, Waluigi action figures

I was expecting you to mention all of their living room consoles after the N64!
It was funny nonetheless.

Well, holy crap, Japan is getting Tetris Attack but not us? No fair!