SNES CLASSIC EDITION

I would totally buy one, but am not really able or willing to wait in line these days. Is the basic issue that there are no pre orders, or just so few that they sell out in seconds too?

The NES Classic had no preorders and they sold in seconds when they appeared. You had to be lucky to get one and scalpers were always trying to buy them first.

Looks like garbage to me.

Look guys, pay for new games, not old games. Let new talent show the world what can be get.

No Chrono Trigger. Basically the only game missing.

If I can find one, I might actually grab one of these. I never had a SNES as a kid so the only times I’ve played any of these games was when visiting a friend.

For most people I suspect it’s more about the cute dedicated hardware, than the actual games. You can play a lot of the games already on New 3DS VC.

Don’t think anyone posted the official site yet?
http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic

I loved the SNES controllers, coming from the rectangle of pain that was the NES controllers, and the addition of top index finger buttons were amazing!

I may be dating myself here but the SNES was the golden age of console gaming for me. Link to the Past, FFIII, Secret of Mana… I am hoping that these are easier to get ahold of than the NES edition because this is a take my money now thing for me.

I thought GameStop did preorders.

I think Nintendo and GameStop have some arrangement other retailers don’t have. GameStop seems to be getting in regular stock of Switches, Amiibos, and other rare Nintendo items. Target got a mega shipment of Animal Crossing Amiibos that they can’t pay people to take and are drip fed everything else 3 units at a time.

What would nice if they overclocked the heck out of the Super FX chip in the emulation for Star Fox 2 and adjusted the code to account for it, so we got a solid 30 FPS or whatever.

It’s already been done with romhacks:

Wait. I thought Starfox 2 hadn’t been released. How can it already be done, the emulation part I mean, not the game?

It’s been leaked for some years now. Probably the official Nintendo version is more complete? There’s two roms, one with working singleplayer, and one with working multiplayer, but not one with both.

Pics of the Euro version:

Here’s Japan box:

Here are their games, with differences bolded:

• Super Mario World
  • F-ZERO
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Super Soccer
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Secret of Mana
  • Mega Man X
  • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
  • Super Metroid
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Super Street Fighter II
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Panel de Pon
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Kirby Super Star

‘Box’ art for Starfox 2:

This was such an awesome game. I am jealous!

Well I pre-ordered one. :)

Note that in true Nintendo style you have to buy the AC adapter separately, as the device only comes with a USB power cable.

edit: pic showing how the front opens to expose the Wii-style ports:

Does this thing support save states?

Unconfirmed but I’d bet yes. The NES version had 4 save state slots for each game.

I can’t believe this purple abomination is what the US had for a SNES:

Grim. Where’s your colourful buttons?

Where did you pre order from?