Sniper Elite 5 - Slo-mo bullet surgery and release the kraken

DLC!

I’m in!

Noice. One of my fave’s from 2022. I will no doubt spend too much money on the Season 2 pass.

Playing the SE5 campaign with my brother in co-op mode. This is a great co-op game. We talk to each other about where each of us will go to cover each other, spot, etc. In some cases one of us will be seen on purpose to lure bad guys to an area where the other is in position to take them out.

Taking our time, but enjoying this a lot.

I never even thought about this game as a co-op. It probably is quite awesome.

We played SE4 and all the DLC, all in co-op. It’s really good in that mode. Figuring out together how to approach a tricky area, spotting for each other. “you go ahead and try to get to xxx and I’ll watch your back and make sure no one sneaks up on you.” Even being spotted in tall grass and seeing someone shooting at my partner and taking that bad guy out from behind, then bandaging my partner up before he bleeds out. Great stuff.

Yep…my kid and I are still playing this co-op and it’s one of the best co-ops for sure. We try and out sniper the other and sometimes get in trouble that way but hey, we can re load!

This game was the only new release game I played last year (via GamePass at the time) and I did co-op with a friend. Absolutely the best experience.

We’d co-ordinate our shots (shoot together, he takes the one on the left, I’d get the one on the right), work together to spot enemies at the start, create distractions and just enjoy everything about it. And bulletcam never got in the way. It’d be cool to just see the sort of shot my friend was taking, or the clip where he could be surprised at the sort of trap I’d set up. If my friend was trying to be sneaky somewhere on the map, I could go off and find the stone eagles for instance.

You have to go in and appreciate different playstyles the other person brings and work together. But I’d highly recommend.

Sniper Elite has only gotten better for me. I started with Sniper Elite 4 which I thought was really good. Then I went back to Sniper Elite 3, and… yeah… it was ok. But Sniper Elite 5 is glorious. The maps are stupidly huge and there’s some replayability with the option to deploy elsewhere in future runs.

The next (final?) DLC for this game was released a day or two back. As always, high quality stuff, although the Spy School level in the campaign was my fave.

SE gets repetitive, especially if you play without imagination like me! But man, I love the gameplay routine. They could put out $10 missions every 2 months and I’d keep snapping them up.