So a new Costco business center opened locally...

Costco last night , didn’t feel in the mood for any Chicken so I ended up getting a pepperoni pizza from them for the first time.

It was really good for a $10 pie, way better than Dominos or Papa Johns.

Yeah, their pizzas are pretty good.

I don’t normally care for Cheese Pizza, but I do love Costco’s cheese pizza.

Has anyone tried the $10 roast beef sandwich? I haven’t because I can’t figure out why I would do that instead of a hotdog, soda, pizza slice and a sundae. (Typing that out helps me understand why, actually, but what are your experiences?)

Yeah, I’ve never tried anything there besides the hotdog and pizza. The Chicken Bake has pork so I can’t eat that, and the other items seem so overpriced.

Costco pizzas are good. Not as good as a quality local pizzeria (non-chain) maybe, but pretty damn good. And for the price? Superb.

I think they suck. Costco does have pretty good pizza though-- in the freezer aisle, the Detroit-style “Motor City” brand.

I did last month. It’s not worth $10. Chop $4-5 off and it’s probably more reasonable. They don’t even serve it warm. It was a lot better after I toasted mine in my air fryer.

But I will have me a slice of Costco deli pizza happily.

You, sir, are a Philistine, and we will have nothing more to do with you! Good day!

The whole point of Costco/Sam’s pizza and hot dogs are that they’re cheap and reasonably close to good enough. They’re definitely not the greatest, but they do the job for $1.50 a slice. They’re Little Caesar’s/Domino’s/Papa John’s level…just barely on the good side of DiGiorno’s.

The weiners are fine, nothing special but there’s no actual cooking required. The pizza is like something you’d get at a mall in the Midwest. Certainly good value in a dollars per calorie sense though.

They should sell that motor city stuff in the food court. It’s the best non fancy frozen pizza I’ve ever had.

We find their four-packs of Costco brand cheese pizza–frozen, not the fresh ginormous ones–pretty good, especially for the price. I pretty much only eat plain cheese pizza, though I sometimes add my own anchovies if I’m feeling racy.

So, would recommend as an okay frozen pizza then? My wife and I have been close to buying those but were worried about getting a 4 pack and then having them be in the trash tier of frozen pizzas. Especially since there are usually next to some other brand of frozen pizza that we’ve had samples of before and was down below my standards for frozen pizza.

To be clear, we’re still talking frozen pizza here, our standards aren’t that high. But as a kid when our parents would go out and leave us some Jack’s pizzas to throw in the oven I’d be pretty unhappy about it. We’re usually pretty happy with Screamin Sicilian or we’ll freeze a couple take and bakes from Aldi.

And yes @stusser the Motor City frozen pizzas are really good. Honestly shocked anyone managed a frozen Detroit style pizza that good. Really like to do their cheese bread too and dress that up with toppings.

I’ll have to try the cheese bread too! Great product.

The Costco frozen pizzas are perfectly serviceable. When we cook frozen pizzas I usually cook one of those for the kids while I make one of the Motor City ones for my wife and I.

They’re of a similar quality to the Freschetta or Signature Select pizzas from Safeway.

Yeah, what @CraigM said. I’d rate them a bit higher than he might, but essentially, yeah, it’s a good not great generic frozen cheese pizza. I have a soft spot for this sort of thing though, and my standards are pretty pedestrian.

Unlike how I judge local pizzerias. Then, I’m ruthless.

So Costco has been phasing out the twisted churro in the deli and replacing them with big chocolate chip cookies, and it feels like a downgrade. The churro was a wonderful piece of cinnamony warm and chewy dough, while the cookie is basically a giant Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie.

Sad. I’m sure that it costs a ton less to stash and sell those cookies than it does to make up batches of fresh fried churros.

It is an absolute downgrade, for the reasons you listed.
I mean, if I really want a chocolate chip cookie (as I sometimes do) I can and will make them myself.
A churro? I have no clue, man. But they are awesome, so I should probably figure it out.

Soft/warm/crunchy/yummy churro logistics are probably much tougher and costlier than cookie logistics.

But yall people putting down the Costo pizza got issues. It’s as good or better than any chain joints, and cheap to boot. My only issue is they took away the supreme version and all you can get is pepperoni or cheese. Which, while ok, ain’t worth the calories.