So err, Japanese Toilets

We in the west have a long, long way to catch up.

Computerized potty? Man, I am glad I am not an IT pro in Japan.

Finally, a plumber who can justify $200 an hour.

“Hal, lift the warmed toilet seat Hal.”

Dude, I totally installed Linux on my toilet.

Well wipe it off, that’s disgusting.

Segmentation Fault.
Core Dumped.

Apparently that’s a…wireless control panel?

I’m all in favor of high-tech toilets, and we must not continue to allow a toilet gap, but I don’t quite understand why a toilet needs a remote control for the built-in bidet nozzles. Aside from prank purposes, I mean.

Hack the toilet.

I’m glad they even made mention of the Sound Princess. When my brother and his wife went to Japan, she thought it was hilarious that a woman in the stall next to her was listening to the ocean or something.

But I agree that America’s toilet market is painfully lacking.

Step 1: Identify Market with growth capacity.

Step 2: Crazy Toilet Business plan.

Step 3: PROFIT!!!

Can The 3 Seashells be far behind?

I’d be happy if American toilets just flushed reliably.

Things that irk me: North American Low Flow Toilets.

I’m all for saving water, but these things don’t seem to work that well. I like the Aussie toilets. You can push for a half flush when you don’t need full power, and can select for a full flush when you just know you need to give it the full treatment. Having it play tunes, spray out a preleasant scent while you select these actions through a sophisticated remote control with Hello Kitty on it would just be an added bonus.

Toto does sell toilets in America. You can get one, they’re very nice, even the ones that have no frills (not even heated seats!) still flush better than American ones.

The problem with that sort of toilet is obvious. People lose all perspective when it’s their crap sitting in the potty. Like penises, everyone believes theirs is the biggest; hence, the shit they just shat is always going to be the biggest shit on mother earth. Thus, you would never recognize any water savings from the low flush setting.

[size=2]I would also like to nominate this post for the most thoughtful and ground breaking post on this board, by far, for 2005 (although it’s true that it’s still early in the year).[/size]

Having actually had a chance to use said Australian toilets, and immeidately recognizing their genius, I ask you: how many times have you used your toilet only to urinate, with no solid component? Did you require extra water to flush in those cases?

Yes, yes, you’re stupid. That’s ok, we forgive you.

(Public restrooms with urinals are a somewhat different matter, but most private homes - and the hotel in Brisbane I stayed at - don’t have them. The two-speed toilet is a great thing in such cases.)

They now have an SD card option.

Having actually had a chance to use said Australian toilets, and immeidately recognizing their genius, I ask you: how many times have you used your toilet only to urinate, with no solid component? Did you require extra water to flush in those cases?

Rollory, as if the back porch has a goddamn flush chain. Get a grip, son.

[size=2]Also, my previous nomination is still intact.[/size]

It would be nice if there was some kind of a potty seltzer one could toss into the bowl after a pee. No flush, no muss. Fizz away the whizz. And so forth.