So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

That was a good goddamn speech.

Good to hear this but fuck Blake, still a fuckwit that voted for some really shitty policies. Good riddance and fuck off.

NYT transcript of Flake’s speech:

A federal appeals court has ruled that an undocumented pregnant minor being held in a federally-funded shelter in Texas can receive an abortion.

The full bench of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned an earlier ruling last Friday from a three-judge panel of that court that gave the Trump administration until Oct. 31 to try to defuse the controversy by finding an adult sponsor who could take in the 17-year old pregnant girl.

On Sunday the girl’s lawyers had asked the full court to set aside the decision, saying that they’ve exhausted their options to find a sponsor. They said the delay brings the girl, now close to 16 weeks pregnant, dangerously close to the states’ 20-week limit on abortion.

It’s official - the GOP is the party of Trump from now on.

It’s only when a politician knows he’s retiring that he is capable of being honest about anything. Better late than never, I suppose.

https://twitter.com/pkcapitol/status/923006827306147840

With a razor-thin margin, the Senate passed a resolution to nullify a signature regulation from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which banned forced arbitration provisions. Such clauses, tucked into the fine print of contracts that nobody reads, deny consumers the ability to contest claims through a class-action lawsuit, and can allow banks and other financial institutions to rip off their customers with virtual impunity.

Both Sens. Corker and Flake, along with Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., joined in the effort to give Trump a major win, even if it will hurt many of his own voters. Consumer advocates had hoped that moderate Republicans Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Susan Collins of Maine would block the GOP effort. They did not.

Only GOP Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and John Kennedy of Louisiana bucked their party — but a no vote when the measure passes is not much of a bucking. In a sign of how far the Democratic Party has come in recent years, all 48 members of the Senate caucus voted to keep the arbitration rule.

The vote was split 50-50, which required Vice President Mike Pence to break the tie.

But that emoluments thing doesn’t really matter.

LOL, welcome to the #resistance!

Watching all of us excitable liberals get cucked again is it’s own reward, though.

Federal funds for the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) expired Sept. 30, leaving states to come up with short-term fixes to keep their programs going.

CHIP, now in its 20th year, primarily covers children from low-income families who earn too much to qualify for Medicaid. The program has long had bipartisan support, but lawmakers — consumed by the fight over Obamacare — blew past a key funding deadline and have been slow to extend new money.

States haven’t started to pare back coverage yet, but they’re relying on short-term patches to keep their CHIP programs afloat. Here’s where things stand.

RAND PAUL: THE ONLY CHOICE FOR REAL PROGRESSIVES
http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2017/10/rand-paul-choice-real-progressives

Senator Rand Paul, a Kentucky Republican, last week introduced legislation that has captured the attention of science groups. Paul’s bill would require the addition of two people who are not experts in the subject matter under consideration in every federal peer-review panel. One of the people would be required to be “an expert in a field unrelated to the field of research under which the grant proposal was submitted.” This person would also be required to be “not professionally affiliated with any academic or research institution” at the present time and for at least 10 years. The second person to be added to every peer-review panel would “serve primarily as a ‘taxpayer advocate’ (defined as someone whose main focus is on the value proposed research delivers to the taxpayer).”

At a Senate hearing last week, Paul said that the legislation was needed in part because of much “silly” research he said was supported by the National Science Foundation, Science reported.

In conclusion, the greatest problems in higher education are Oberlin students complaining that the Vietnamese food in the campus cafeteria isn’t authentic and protestors being mean to Charles Murray. Why can’t those liberals believe in free speech!

I love the logic! For a peer review panel he now wants to include people who are not peers!

Finally someone is taking on the real villains in our society!

If society gives these sponging kids free health care, where is the incentive for them to pick more prosperous parents, I ask you? : rolleyes:

Not sure where this should go, but … I was kinda shocked when Halperin turned into a trump bootlicker during the 2016 election. Now this comes out.

Just like racism, I’m just dumbfounded that this shit is still so prevalent in 2017. Okay, dumbfounded is not the right word at all. I’m not surprised exactly, just… what the fuck, people?

I think maybe Devo had the right of things - possibly we’re all de-evolving into simpler, more brutish creatures.