So what happened to all the Wii buzz?

you’re simply too slow to get them or not lucky enough to be there when they do

I don’t plan to buy a Wii until 2008 or possibly 2009. I’m fairly confident they’ll be widely available at retail by then. What do you think, Dave?

Indeed, the PS3 has some notable games now.

Funny anecdote: I saw some article late last night about the PS3 and I thought “hmm, it’ll be interesting to see what happens when the PS3 comes out.” I had actually forgotten the PS3 had shipped. No lie. I’m totally serious.

I think that anecdote is a perfect gauge of the excitement level for the PS here in the states.

I’m not a console curmudgeon. You’ll get my PS2 and my beloved rhythm games when you claw them out of my cold, dead hands. I could form a virtua band with all the fake plastic musical instruments (and dance pads) I own.

I definitely plan to get a Wii at some point, but not this year.

I imagine it’ll be possible by then. Depends if you’re looking in January of 2008… :)

This demands a repost of the DDR clown socks pic.

I need to walk into a store and get the impulse-buy option. Get console, and a couple of games like Trauma Center. I already walked into two or three stores with no luck so I ain’t trying again.

I looked at walmart.com’s bundle. Now it’s pick 7 games for $628. I don’t know much about the games so I pulled up metacritic scores next to it. It’s not too bad compared to the “Family pack” or “action pack” option they had before. The problem is a high price tag for something I may not play for longer than a month. I could get a second 24" LCD, or a 37" bargain LCD for that cash.

Monkey ball gets bumped off cause Tom hates it. Marvel and madden get bumped off cause it doesn’t look like my preferred subject matter. Zelda’s in just because it’s the top rated.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii 95
Warioware: Smooth Moves Wii 83
Madden NFL 07 Wii 81
Trauma Center: Second Opinion Wii 80
Elebits Wii 75
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Wii 74
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Wii 73
Super Swing Golf Wii 73
Excite Truck Wii 72
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 Wii 71
Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam Wii 69
Call of Duty 3 Wii 69
Need for Speed Carbon Wii 67
Barnyard Wii 67
Cars Wii 66
Red Steel Wii 63
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy Wii 62
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent Wii 61
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab 60
Avatar: The Last Airbender Wii 56
Monster Truck 4x4: World Circuit w/ Wheel Wii 51
Open Season Wii 49
Happy Feet Wii 46
Ant Bully Wii 45
GT Pro Series w/ Wheel Wii 41
Far Cry Vengeance Wii 38

Gamestop’s bundle doesn’t look too bad now. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B020070I

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Rayman: Raving Rabbids

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

Elebits

Just need to buy Trauma center and controller separately. Unfortunately, every single one of my billing addresses are to a PO BOX.

Definitely add Excite Truck to that list

Well, just got lucky and scored mine. Weekend will see the start of the long process of adding people.

Funny enough, I am so much into Eve that really didn’t felt that excited to finally get my hands on the Wii.