Soft drink of choice

I’m all about that ginger ale y’all.

A regional specialty that may be relevant to your interests:

Ginger ale with some additional fruit flavors and some nice strong caffeination.

VERY RELEVANT

Easily my wife’s favorite soft drink - we toast every New Years with it. Also comes in a new version that’s heavily spiked with cherry. Should be available through Amazon and the like. Like most things it tastes better in glass than it does in a can but the shipping is probably murder.

It is something like that. I used to only drink regular, but then I became diabetic (type 1, not the drank-too-much-pop kind.) So I had to switch immediately to make insulin management easier, and now I prefer diet because my tongue feels weird when I drink regular.

These days mine is a walmart great value brand - Dr Thunder

Basically cherry coke + dr pepper. Surprisingly better than the actual cherry dr pepper

I also really like fresca. No one has probably heard of it… similar to coke/sprite zero, but grapefruit. I have never met another person who likes fresca.

For most drinks, I don’t like the diet versions, but Coke is the exception. I enjoy root beer, cream soda, ginger ale, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, etc., but never liked regular Coke even as a kid. Can’t stand Coke Zero either, since they succeeded in making it taste more like regular Coke. Diet Coke is just a completely distinct (and far superior) flavor profile, though, and is my go-to drink.

I am envious of those of you who like diet soft drinks. I could never develop a taste for diet (similarly to how I could never develop one for coffee).

I will say that Diet Dr. Pepper probably tastes a lot like regular Dr. Pepper, but since I don’t like Dr. Pepper that doesn’t help.

I quit drinking soda 10+ years ago, I forget when. But I watch a lot of TV. So I guess I’m more in bonerzshits territory.

Since I recently watched Blue Velvet again, I was also looking for this choice:

That was my drink of choice when I used to be a waiter years ago. So refreshing.

The first time I visited the US I tried (Virgil’s) Cream Soda and I could almost feel my teeth rotting as I drunk it. So sickly. It’s very rare I drink pop but, when I do, it’s usually the diet stuff and even that I find too much. Most of my friends used to bring or request Diet Coke at game nights, canned and ice cold, and they could clear a whole crate of the stuff together. I’ll stick to water, tea and ale, thanks!

Guaraná Antarctica, Fanta Uva, Mate Couro, Guarapan. Though I doubt you’ve ever heard of those (with the possible exception of the second, which might be close to Fanta Grape) if you’re not Brazilian. ;)

Man it’s not available anywhere near here, I might have to get some shipped.

Coke for me, though I try to limit myself to one a day (where “one” is nebulous and could be a can, bottle, or large from a fast food joint)

A college friend of mine was from that area and would bring back cases of Ale8 any time he went home, loading up his trunk due to all the requests.

Christ, the Ale-8 pack is $11, shipping is $36. Nah, I can do without.

Poll is filled with fail. :(

I drink a lot of soda. CCZ was my drink of choice. Around three 2-liters a week, or 5-6 cans a day. Those of you arguing that Diet Coke is better or that there’s no difference should probably go see a doctor because your tongue is fucking broken. CCZ is fucking delicious. It mixes great with Captain Morgan – or even better, Captain Morgan Black.

Diet coke is kind of disgusting. I can only tolerate it if comes from a fountain. It tastes like plastic.

But as bad as Diet Coke is, it’s got nothing on the pure piss that is Diet Pepsi. Back in the before times, it filled me with minor joy when I’d order a Diet Coke and the waitress would say, “Diet Pepsi OK?” And I’d answer, “Ew. No. Water please.”

But then one day, almost out of the blue, I just switched to Diet Mountain Dew. I prefer the lemon / lime flavors and I like it a little better than CCZ. Untold billions Coke and Pepsi spend on marketing and I just up and switched one day.

But now? Now they have Mountain Dew Zero. ZERO! I was so excited to try it. Could it do for Mt. Dew what it did for Coke?

And it’s awesome. It’s not the near-infinite improvement over Diet that CCZ is, but it’s still better. Smoother, less artificial, less aftertaste. It’s fucking great.

Mt. Dew doesn’t mix with Captain Morgan as well as Coke, but that’s OK. I’m not drinking as much anymore.

Dear god what?

Rookie.

In my heyday I approached a full dozen cans of DC. These days I’m more like 2-3, actively trying to drink more seltzer.

I worked with a lady on night shift for 6 months, every night she would consume two 2 liter bottles of diet coke, I assumed soda was 90% of her daily fluid intake. Her blood was cola.

I drink Sparkling Ice (5 calories, sweetened with sucralose, which isn’t ideal but meh). Before I cared about losing weight, I was a Dr. Pepper guy. Their diet really is pretty good, but it reminds me more of what I can’t have so I avoid it, lol.