[Solium Infernum] Sin to Win

Oh, aren’t you clever…

The game is close to stalling!

Come on, folks. It’s been nearly 2 days since the last turn was emailed out, and I’ve received only 3 of 5 turns thus far. Let’s crank it into high gear, since the long holi-daze has finally passed.

Mine hath been sent! Did you get it?

Yup!

Turn 15 has arrived, and we’ve drawn our 4th conclave token. That’s a lot of tokens for being on only the 15th turn. Sheesh.

This game is seriously starting to piss me off. If not for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all. I play the event, A Paladin in Hell, and the *ucking thing attacks me, the player with 0 prestige, because Asmodedoug has been milking me for prestige. Because of his constant harrassment, I will happily share with everyone his praetor information and combat orders from our single combat:

Asmodedoug’s Praetor Details
Name: Thammuz
Level: 3
Hit Points: 10
Loyalty: 4
Attack: 8
Defense: 6
Infernal: 3
Luck: 3
Ranged: +3
Level Roll: +3
Bleeding Wound
Lava Orb

Asmodedoug’s Combat Orders

1. Bleeding Wound (5 Skulls)
  2. Melee Block (3 Shields)
  3. Infernal Burst (3 Orbs)
  4. Guarded Attack (3 Skulls, 1 Shield)

With Luck 3, his luck rolls for the four orders were 1, 2, 1, 3, respectively. With my luck 1, my rolls were 1, 0, 0, 0, respectively (again, bad luck).

How can one demand be considered milking you for prestige? I was preemptively hitting you with a Praetor Vendetta so you couldn’t bring that big nasty legion to bear on me. I took both available turns to select my champion, waiting until you can’t pay the upkeep. Don’t be mad because I stuck it to you before you could stick it to me.

Actually, you made demands of me twice, one right after the other. Prior to those demands, Aaronicus made a demand of me. Since my SH was placed in the worst possible location and Aaronicus took the bridge hex adjacent to my SH, my Slothful perk is absolutely killing me. As such, short of recruiting a flying legion, the entire map east of my SH is inaccessible to me.

After I couldn’t field a praetor for your first single combat vendetta, I purchased one in anticipation of your next demand. I also purchased my second legion in case you chose a non-single combat vendetta. And have you forgotten that I’ve been at 0 prestige for how many turns, now, which makes it impossible for me to make diplomatic efforts? So, as you can see, they were purchased for defensive purposes and to grab some cantons, because of the incessant demands made of me since turn 2.

As a result of milking me, you’ve now moved quietly into first place. Maybe now the other archfiends will take notice and start making demands of you. In the meantime, I’ll continue to reside on my 3 cantons and field the continuing demands, hoping one day that Vic will add another method to generate prestige so that those with insufficient prestige to make a diplomatic effort aren’t *ucked for the remainder of the game. Woo, fun game…

You did get stuck with a horrible starting position. In my other MP game, I’m also stuck and unable to generate prestige. No prestige = no diplomacy. It would be nice if strongholds could generate some prestige…

+Prestige/Turn relics?

Looks like Mr. Fatty’s been banished to the Abyss by Salacious Sergeant via the Puzzle Cube exploit. sigh

Puzzle Cube is fun times!

Uhh what? I definitely don’t have a puzzle cube.

Whoops. I may be confusing this game for another. I didn’t think you were close to his SH the previous turn. Or maybe I’m too old to play multiple games. Help me, Obi Wan!

Have you ever had those multiple, consecutive turns in which you’re not offered even a single unit of one resource? Yeah, I have, for the past three turns with multiple demands! Let me tell you…it’s frustrating to the nth degree.

EDIT: Compliment to SS revoked! :-)

Ahahahahaha! Just for the record, I definitely did not play that event. I am eternally grateful to whoever did, though, I suspect they also wanted fatty taken out of the game.

I played the event since I looked to be next on the hit list, and not in a position to stop it.

A wise decision.

Okay, folks, I’m officially ending this game due to a lack of participation. Thanks for playing.