Songs that have lodged themselves into your brain

I usually wake up with something in my head, and it takes a few hours to flush it. Yesterday it was “Always True To You (In My Fashion)” from Kiss Me Kate…Ella Fitzgerald version, naturally. But even Ella gets old after 3 solid hours.

This morning it was fucking “Heat of the Moment”.

Heard this a couple days ago for the first time in over a decade. It’s been stuck in my head ever since. If I’m not listening to something else, this fucking thing is bouncing around endlessly. Is there a support line I can call?

It will never leave my brain, dammit. Damn you Devin Townsend. If this bastard doesn’t play this when I see him in a couple of weeks I’m gonna scream.

Also, @CraigM I am finally going to see DTP. Albeit as openers for Clutch :-/

Seeing the words “theme song” set off the Banana Splits - but the version by The Dickies.

I have no idea why I had the intro to Sister Golden Hair stuck in my brain most of the weekend. Finally I remembered enough of it to find it on Youtube, confirm that was the song, and exorcise the earworm.

Jeez, I could update this thread daily*. Anyway, today it’s The Clash!

My baby drove up in a brand new Cadillac
Yes she did!
My baby drive up in a brand new Cadillac
I said, Jesus Christ!
Where did you get that Cadillac?

*and I might too!

Still one of the most intense builds in music history. Just when you think it can’t go up another notch, it does, and then it does again. It is… demented, and I love it. I love the whole album as a sort of mystical, spiritual journey.

“The Epilogue” by Crosses is rather catchy:

Yes, that is Chino Moreno.

This song gets in my head sometimes… :(

Maybe it will for you, too!

Then there’s this version from what’s probably my favorite moment in the various AHS seasonal iterations:

Varies from day to day. Today it’s been this

Yes, that scene was fantastic!

The last two days has been a loop of the old NBA on NBC theme stuck in my head. Annoying.

Several of Christmas songs play in my head too. Winter is really the worst time of year for this kind of thing.

What’s worse is that I work in retail, so can’t escape it. :(

How does this work in the broadcast industry? Does NBC own the song outright, or does the composer get royalties?

Good question.

IIRC, the NBA on NBC theme was by John Tesh. I’d imagine he might have enough industry juice to hold the copyright to the song.

EDIT: Interestingly (debatable), that theme is apparently coming back to college basketball.

Tesh doesn’t say in the article the song doesn’t still belong to him. So I’m guessing he gets royalties. (Otherwise, why mention the interview?)

Red Levis? I’ve never seen a pair before.

My daughter loves Wally Kazam which has a Wizard Jeff voiced by Wierd Al. We watched Eat It! on youtube which led to us through a bunch of novelty songs which now has caused this to stick in my head:

Hello Muddah, hello faddah. Here I am at Camp Granada…

Speaking of Wallykazam and songs that get totally stuck in your head: