Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie

Strictly speaking, you could argue that hotdogs are a subset of sandwiches. If you really wanted.

You could, but Judge John Hodgman has already ruled on this. So, its settled law.

I love Jon, but he’s a New Yorker and so can take his pizza opinions and

Chicago style always tastes really good. Probably because you had to wait a few hours to get it, and your half starving when it shows up.

colbert_keeps_a_high_five_handy_now_with_proper_spelling-45662

So the movie then.

I saw it with my son who is ten. He loved it.

It could have been worse. Jim Carrey was a pleasant surprise and he did a fine job. The effects were all fine and it was a heartwarming story about the importance of friendship and how sad it is to be alone.

The huge surprise here for me was how we saw it. The theater we have been going to for years is a nice modern one with a bar, reclining seats, IMax, RPX and … 4DX

Who the hell knew what 4DX was? I thought it was just another marketing thing that meant the speakers were louder or something. I thought I’d have a nice nap in the reclining seats, but no. The seats were weird and I couldn’t figure out how they reclined. They were hard, like roller coaster seats. I googled 4DX during the previews and my heart kinda sunk. Really wanted that nap!

Sonic was the best or worst movie for the 4dx experience depending on your perspective. The seats toss you around like a Disney ride and giant fans blow air on you and tubes out of the chair splash water on your face (you could turn that off), while strobelights around the theater blink nonstop. It was doing all of this basically at maximum every time Sonic would run, which was of course most of the movie.

I’m pretty sure I just described hell, but honestly I’m all for new experience and I’m just glad I didn’t discover this with a movie I actually wanted to see. Silver lining, this one didn’t seem to have any smell, or at least I didn’t notice it.

I can’t see 4dx going anywhere. It was gimmick x 1000, but, take your kids!

Clearly neither of you have seen D.O.A. (Dead Or Alive).

On topic: Went and saw the movie last night with my son, who is nineteen. It was pretty cheesy in a lot of parts, but fun in a nostalgic sort of way. It’s no Dora and the Lost City of Gold, though.

Not to be confused with…

That’s probably Fatal Labyrinth which is excellent. It’s a roguelike. Still holds up extremely well today.

It’s available on Steam and probably in the most recent collection released on the consoles too.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/fatal-labyrinth/

Yeah, Zillion was pretty brilliant. Beating that game made me feel like I’d really earned it.

Looks like all the people responsible for sacking everyone involved with the original disastrous version have been sacked. That actually looks like friggin’ Sonic.

Can’t be sure until that Sonic opens his mouth, though.

Still has blue arms though.

Apparently this movie is on Paramount+, and the sequel comes to Paramount+ tomorrow.