South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Double meh. I’d rather have had DLC for Stick of Truth, which was a slightly less tight game, but hell of a lot more fun experience.

I picked this up in the recent PSN sale and probably 2-3 hours in.

The production values on it are impressive but the game’s not really drawing me in like the Stick of Truth did. Hope it picks up soon, otherwise I might drop it for something else.

It took 3 years for me to realize that the thread title / game name could be read as South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole.

Well robc at least you figured it out. Always thought it was strange name until you just explained it to me. You made me laugh, half at the name itself and half at me for being so slow.

Which is what they wanted to call the game, and how they got past the sensors and into Wallmart.

Final DLC for this is coming out July 31st.

Summer 2018 Patch Notes

The game does pick up after the first 5 hours but the pacing really feels off, which makes it hard for me to play this game for more than an hour at a time w/o losing interest.

There are some really funny bits in here that makes it worthwhile though - I’m approaching it more like I’m playing a series of interactive TV episodes which helps.

I got this the other week and its cool, but how in hades did you all beat the cthulhu thing? It keeps wiping my ass?

Speaking of which, I just now noticed the pun in the title 😳