Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

One of those rare times this thread actually sees turn based dragons and knights attacking each other.

my top priority for LS is moving towards a F2P version

Wonderful! :P

Stardrive 2 has a dlc which makes the game a decent foray into the genre, it’s different enough while retaining the moo 2 scope. I would not play it without the DLC which does a lot of good for the game.
He has since moved on, which is sad but how long is he to work on a single game, you can’t keep supporting a game for years and still expect to eat when you’re a one man company.

It’s good fun, and underrated by some

A developer should work on a game until it is finished. This game is not finished. Systems are flat out broken. As an example, espionage is broken. Offensive spies are so much more powerful than defensive spies, that you will lose several technologies to each AI player every single turn. I asked the dev in the steam forums if he could allow espionage to be turned off. He responded, great idea. And never did anything about it. Because that’s how he rolls. I will never buy another game from him again.

What is sad is that you are making excuses for that wanker. Both Stardrive and Stardrive 2 are woefully unfinished and buggy. Zero elected to walk away from both because he either could not or would not fix his product. There are so many known and reproducible bugs that it is not even funny, never mind systems (like espionage) that would be considered broken by many.

Nor does being a one man company excuse anything. This is simply a terrible reason to give someone a pass. He put out a product for $30. Therefore a buyer should have the same exact expectation of quality that any other similar product at a similar price point is putting out. It does not matter if the studio is 1 person or 1,000 people. The price is the same and the expectation is the same.

This is why he likes it, you guys. It’s still sooooo close to the overrated (or in his eyes, exalted) MoO2 that everything else is excusable.

Sorry Janster, I think you’re on your own with this one. StarDrive 1 and 2 is a tragedy of indie gaming (and with a publisher, no less), so as Fenris said, I’ll never buy another one of his games.

This is Zero’s answer to you:

https://twitter.com/zer0sumGames/status/916719603509686273

Reading what he posts on Twitter is… enlightening. It also means I’m unlikely to buy any games or products by him ever again.

Indeed. And I’ve opened a can of worms with my post that I bought SD 2.
But what the heck, this thread needed a prod.

Wut?
_

Sometimes Brian just up and loses his fucking mind but it’s okay.

I do like that Daniel’s “gee you shouldn’t be butthurt about being fucked over for $30 'cause it’s just a gaem OK” twitter. Sounds like a tool desperately trying to justify his own failures to himself.

Oh, I feel Master of Orion 1 is a superior game over 2.

giphy%20(1)

Hey, if you wanna spend time unnecessarily micromanaging every stupid colony you create because the AI can barely handle it, you go right ahead.

So MoM2 fails because the auto-governors suck?

a) I’m still waiting for a 4X with reasonable auto-governors, and b) if you don’t want to manage colonies, why are you playing a 4X???

This is how I feel about Amplitude 4x games, including ES2

One of many reasons, just the first one that came to mind.

And it doesn’t FAIL. I just feel that MoO1 offers a better, more refined experience.

Oh man…oh man…

Fuck-all to that wanker. His self-delusional justification is that he should be allowed to rip you off and you should not be upset with him because it is a video game. If he went to a coffee shop and I served him a warm cup of piss I imagine that he would feel differently even though it is only a $3 cup of coffee.

We get it. You love sliders.