Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

It wasn’t for me, but it seems to mimick a JRPG and I typically don’t go for such things.

Hey @BrianRubin, is the Krellan Commander playthrough you are doing the ‘new’ updated version that is not released yet?

Trying to think of hard sci-fi space games that aren’t Kerbal Space Program:

• Deliver Us the Moon
  • Observation
  • Take on Mars
  • Tin Can
  • Stationeers
  • Dyson Sphere Program
  • Hardspace: Shipbreaker

That Solar Expanse game up there in @Grifman’s post looks like it might be HSF. As does The Jovian System.

Any others?

“Mars Horizon fits the bill and is neat”, is what I would say, except that it has one particular mini-game that it forces you to play far, far, far too often.

Yes, we’re currently on 1.9, hopefully to release 2.0 later this year once we iron out all the bugs. You can download the last publicly available version here if you want to try it out.

https://starfleet2.com/download-1-5b-classic/

Don’t forget the amazing Children of a Dead Earth.

Does Derpspace lean into the hard sci-fi?

Woah, that looks awesome. Thanks for the tip!

Happy to help!

The creator of “The Jovian System” has a similar prequel out called “Titan Outpost”.

Buzz Aldrin’s Race Into Space

For the Warp , was released into early access.

So this is obviously Halcyon 6 as Roguelike.

Wonder why the studio is now Massive Galaxy rather than Massive Damage?

I’ve recently started playing Starsector (which I think is great, despite still being in Early Access) and I’ve come to realize that one of my absolutely favorite things to do in games is salvage, repair, and “refloat” space ships. In Distant Worlds I’d start whole wars over the rights to enormous space hulks; I’ve lost runs of Duskers because I just had to get a new ship online; and now in Starsector few things make me as excited as running into derelict ships that may be salvageable.
Are there any classics of ship-salvaging I’ve missed? There’s not a reverse Shipbreaker somewhere, is there?

3030 Deathwar has a whole salvaging minigame with randomly generated wrecks. It’s GREAT.

That looks perfect! I think I mixed that up with another game; I’ll have to check it out.

Do, it’s one of the best space games of the last 20 years.

Fine, I bought it at half price. ARE YOU HAPPY

Exceedingly ecstatic.

Awarded Space Game of the Decade by Space Game Junkie!

High praise indeed

If we’re still talking about 3030 Deathwar Redux, it is pretty great.