Space Hulk: Deathwing - UE4, Focus Home Interactive

Didn’t play the beta either, and have kept my pre-order. Still excited!

Just got an email from GMG, they are offering this at 32% off right now, or only $27.29.

I saw that GMG deal also, but… I am gonna wait on reviews.

Delayed again! 5 days this time.

I am quite nervous now, but i am still keeping my pre-order. It helps that it is through steam and if the game is totally broken or ABSOLUTELY terrible, i can refund it. I remain foolishly optimistic as a big fan of warhammer video games

So this is out this week and while trying to sort it out from all the other Warhammer or Space Hulk or whatever games, I found out it’s from the folks who made the very funky, very ambitious, very dynamic, and very uneven EYE: Divine Cybermancy. So in balance, I sould really be looking forward to this, right?

-Tom

From the early videos it looks like a pretty standard L4D style game. I’m not sure what wrinkles they’re bringing to the table. The weapon and enemy design looks good.

Oh. That’s disappointing. I was hoping for some sort of dynamic Deus Ex thing like their Divine Cybermancy game.

-Tom

Well I’ll be playing once this drops, so if any other QT3’ers want to try out the Co-op just let me know!

The hordes of enemies is odd to me. I always thought that Space Hulk stuff was against small numbers of alien-esque enemies who could absolutely shred your shit?

(caveat: probably don’t know what I am talking about)

In the tabletop 40k game, Tyranids are definitely a horde army with large swarms of their main troops. The Space Hulk games had more manageable numbers of enemies but you were still outnumbered and yes they could rip you open fairly easily if they got the chance.

I hope this is a good game. I want to be excited about it for all kinds of reasons. However the lack of news for most of development, the pretty rough beta, and the micro delays has me very, VERY worried that this is just not ready, but someone in charge wants those mythical Christmas video game shoppers.

I saw comments on Reddit from the BETA that level replay-ability was disappointing, with enemies spawning in the same location time after time, even if the DEV’s have said there is an AI director of some kind in place that should be randomizing it. :|

This is coming off the Wishlist, I thought it was a single player game, I didn’t realize it was some kind of Left 4 Dead thing. That’s a bummer.

It has a single player story that is I think 10-15 hours long, that can be played co-op.

Oh, that’s different then . I was going by Tim’s comment above about how it’s a standard L4D style game. I’ll keep it on the wishlist then, it looks fun.

No, you fool! Take it back off the wishlist! You’re doomed!

L4D had a campaign that could be played solo too.

It is really hard to tell with so little information available (thus why my worry meter is high). I am getting the sense that it is primarily a single player game that has a corridor L4D type presentation and Star Wars Republic Commandos type order mechanic. The multiplayer seems tacked on so far as it appears to lack progression and randomization as it only really serves to plop people into the commandable AI spots.

While looking like it is 40k Vermintide, I am pretty doubtful at this point. My money is on a user review shellacking later this week. I’d really like to be wrong though.

Just got my key from GMG, keeping my fingers crossed that this turned out well. Will load it up tonight and see!

Good luck with that. I have high hopes on Deathwing, but saved it until all DLC released (if available)