Space Hulk: Deathwing - UE4, Focus Home Interactive

Tom’s stream of this last night has me debating even keeping in on my wishlist. It just doesn’t seem fun. And the AI bots are so bad. And the utter trash healing system, where I swear Tom healed himself 3x by accident. :|

For those who bought it , how did it turn out for you?

I’ve got an hour or two in it so far, both single and multiplayer, and I’ve enjoyed it. It’s still got issues, mostly with performance, but it’s a good time. The multiplayer is a good time too.

That said, Space Beast Terror Fright is a better Space Hulk game, I think. At least right now.

Tested it some, single player campaign is awful, the AI helpers are in the way and useless, you are going to fight the UI as its designed for consoles…its just terribad.

Last, MP, okay, its better, there is a stupid leveling system that you just disable , its pointless and meaningless, with the codex rules on, you just get everything and choose loadout before mission, and you can change to some degree during.

I think the weapon sounds are just bad, they don’t feel like they have the power they should have, storm bolter sounds like a light machine gun when it really shoots rocket propelled grenades…

This game could have been awesome, but atm its mediocre fun that don’t hold a candle to Vermintide.

Also, there is no meta game, so its far more like Left for Dead …which honestly is a shame, I kinda liked Space Marines system…

In the end, Space marine is just better tbh.

Space marine was a great game though and should not be compared to this one in any way.

Another in the pile of crappy GW licenced games.

Ok is this the game we’re looking for then? Something just like space hulk and alien with wicked fast enemies that scare the crap out of you when they start honing in, something to keep your blood pressure up as thr suspense is palpable? If so we should get everyone on QT3 into that stat! Hehe

Yes, oh god yes. Randomized levels with FAST enemies that will kill you as quickly as scratch you. Single or 1-4 player coop. Friendly fire. SO GOOD. Here’s our latest video of it.

That looks more like what Deathwing should have been, there is absolutely nothing scary in Deathwing , it is a failure of a game

pokes thread with stick

Anyone play this recently, seems they are still updating it and working on an Enhanced Edition for all platforms. PC owners will get the update for free.

Well that’s totally awesome!

Oh, no question.

This is good of them to do, but to be fair, the game in its current state is pretty mediocre. They aren’t totally doing it out of the goodness of their heart.

Well, yeah. :)

And it seems the Enhanced Edition is almost done, and they are working on a release date.

And there was no one left to care…

I care. The concept was interesting even if the execution was poor.

Hopefully they improve the friendly AI a lot which was really one of the largest problems i had with the original game.

That’s more like it.

While this news may be of no interest to anyone but myself, it looks like Deathwing may no longer be coming to Xbox:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-29471-It-Looks-Like-Space-Hulk--Deathwing-is-No-Longer-Coming-to-Xbox-One.html

Xenos…uncounted!!!