Speedometer 2.0 browser benchmark

I’d just like to add that I wouldn’t really care about this very much if Qualcomm was a competent monopolist like Intel, with products that were actually fast.

Their over the air tech has been fantastic for a very long time although I am happy to admit that I have imperfect knowledge and am not apprised of the most current landscape there.

Some people use their phones in ways that RF technology matters as inexplicable as the idea that a non-single SoC core based use case is.

So i have some scores but what, exactly, this is measuring i’m not sure. The scores 
 surprised me. I ran them a couple of times and the results were basically the same, i.e., i didn’t average them.

Core i5-6300HQ 2.3 Ghz (Alienware 13 R3) MS Edge - 45.3 ±0.89
Core M 1.2 Ghz (Macbook 12 2015) Safari (OSX) - 46.3 ±1.2
iPhone 7 Plus Safari (iOS) - 54.2 ±1.6
iMac Core i5 3.1 Ghz (2015 model) Safari (OSX) - 91.3 ±1.1

So much for showing good correlation to single-CPU performance
 (though, to be fair, that could be the case when OS and browser are exactly the same)

Aren’t you a little old to be making that reference?

Is
 Is that a reference to something?

That’s what I was wondering.

You youngsters and your new fancy phrases like “yes he is”!

I thought he was quoting Phinease and Ferb. Does no one else watch that show
 with their kids?

It’s poor quality, but it’s short and to the point.

I love Phineas and Ferb and I didn’t remember that part at all. ;)

Every episode they do a version of " Yes, yes I am" said by various characters, although primarily by Phineas.

This is particularly version comes up at times, but not as frequently.

Anyway, it’s a great show, and it’s a shame that so few of you got the reference.

On the flip side, those that didn’t know about Phineas and Ferb have learned something cool, and actually gained something of value from this thread.

SWEET JESUS I CAN SMELL ROASTED WUMPUSFLESH FROM ALL THE WAY IN NORTH CAROLINA

Keep in mind that I watched most (if not all) of Phineas and Ferb dubbed in Portuguese because I watched it with my kid, and he doesn’t (yet) understand English that well, and as such the regularity of such expressions can be literally lost in translation. That might be why I don’t remember it so strongly.

Regardless - it is a great show. And the Phineas & Ferb Star Wars special is the funniest Star Wars thing done this side of The Yoda Chronicles. ;)

All I know about that is that the guy who played Riff Raff in Rocky Horror was the voice of one of the fathers.

I love Phineas and Ferb and watched it every time it was on with the kids, but I don’t think they coined the phrase “Yes, yes he is” or similar.

Though I’d much rather discuss Phineas and Ferb than browser benchmarks and their usefulness (or lack therof) so I do appreciate the link!

Ah, cool. I’ll try and steer my kids in the direction of that show. They’ve run out of new episodes of My Little Pony, Spirit, and Pokemon.

I know you are right, but the show is my favor version of it and they do use it a lot. For some reason, I thought that everyone’s mind just jumps to Phineas and Ferb whenever possible.

Or Stargate Atlantis. For some reason, both of those shows have been on my mind.

What, specifically, are you referencing by “the same licensed ARM tech?” There are a lot of things that can mean.

It doesn’t make any sense, particularly the part about building fab plants. Most everyone is fabless now (Apple, Qualcomm, NVidia, AMD, etc). Building fab facilities has nothing to do with ARM tech at all which is obviously design IP which Apple augments with their own chip design team just like Qualcomm licenses ARM tech and augments it with their own design work.

Except there is a huge difference — Qualcomm is ostensibly in the business of selling chips, many (most?) are of their own design such that they patent them, yes?

Qualcomm is an American multinational semiconductor and telecommunications equipment company

In other words, building custom chips is part of their core business and always has been. You’d think they would be good at it by now. Unfortunately for all of us
 they aren’t.