Spellforce: Conquest of Eo is like Age of Wonders and Thea made a baby

I frequently get much better results than using auto resolve.

Is there a quest log in this game? I have a quest for the seat of kings, which unlocks a bunch of proficiency stuff in the 7 keeps area. However, I have no idea what I am supposed to do. When I go to the spot, it just says the king has not returned yet.

The “all the quests are on the map” is a cute design decision, but I’ll bet there’ll be a quest log implemented soon given all the requests for it.

I’ve got one to go and fetch some herbs but I’m beggared if I can remember where those herbs were…

Are you revered with Sevenkeeps yet? I wasn’t able to get into the Seat of Kings and talk to the king until I hit that level. Then he gave me a quest. If you have gotten to revered then I have no idea.

There’s no quest log except for your Grimoire which keeps track of some key stuff but not the side quests.

Yes I am revered. I have been for some time. I just do not know where to go after going to the main keep. I am sure it told me at one time, but I forgot.

I’m in week 18, day 7 and I think I may be in trouble. I was making some good progress (still behind many here though), I got my crystal, I can no upgrade rooms, have an extra stack slot, have 3 apprentices and finally have positive gold flow due to the rooms that pay unit upkeep.

But…Hokan Ashir just attacked me and I’m going to lose my tower. His power level is 599 and my defensive stack is 461. My main stack is a bit away. Maybe I’ll have time to get them back if I lose this battle.

I think you have to do the library quest line. One quest is about the elves and one is about the dwarves.

I did the library quest line and I’m currently on the dwarf quest so I think you’re right.

How far away are you? I think it takes enemies 4 turns to finishing raiding your tower so you can cover a pretty good distance. There’s also a recall spell if you’ve researched it.

One of the tower rooms has an upgrade that gives you a defensive ballista to help with tower sieges. I grabbed that right away because I figure I’ll be in your position soon enough. In fact, that stupid orc mage is currently back with another stack and sitting on one of my nodes again.

So are you guys sprawling your stacks out all over or concentrating them? I’m spreading my wisp scouts out but keeping my main stacks together, sort of.

I wish there was a quest log and a better breadcrumb system. I am experiencing almost Skyrim levels of sidequest-sprawl.

Lucky I wasn’t quite as far as I thought and will make it back in 2 turns. I did have the defensive upgrade, but I still got squashed. I took back my tower, but lost my apprentice. Now I have to do a mission to learn how to bring him back.

For a long time I only had one real offensive stack. Well, I guess that is still the case, except now I had a defensive stack at my home tower that could take care of any wanderers, until the circle mage attacked.

Does anyone know if there is a way to combine / upgrade souls for the necro?

I have 2 apprentices and a hero and I have 5 units with each of them. They are spread around the map with one staying close to my tower just in case.

I do also have one worker that runs around harvesting and mining. I can’t afford more than that right now. Two of my stacks are really strong and the third, which contains my original apprentice as is near my tower, is marginal at best. He’s about to get whacked, I think. There’s a 7 stack of undead near him right now.

So far I’ve had my stacks spread out a bit, keeping one usually somewhat close to the tower. I have 2 apprentices with full stacks, a hero with a full stack, and one newly picked up apprentice that has most of a stack waiting for them at the tower. I’ve been taking it slow though. I haven’t moved my tower yet. I’ve run into 1 circle mage, but he is fine with me as long as I stay out of his area. I have maxed relations with Lyraine, and have started on Sevenkeeps. I have 2 dwarven workers running around mining and harvesting at the moment, one of which can walk on water. I currently have a decent gold bonus after moving one lodge over by a lucrative mine. Like I said though I’ve been going slow, mostly likely too slow as I currently have no spells I can research. So I guess I should get the tower moved and continue the story.

I’ve noticed that some sites say they are only unlocked if they are in your “tower domain” - does that mean you have to move the tower there or can you build a Lodge?

I just picked this up today. I had a couple concerns based on a short video and the impressions I heard. The main concern I heard was that it was a bit too simplistic and wouldn’t keep experienced players engaged. This might be the case long term, but since I should have gone to bed an hour ago I’m happy enough with my purchase.

My personal concern was the readability of the map and how easy it might be to miss things. That might still be an issue for me as I’ve had events pop up when I didn’t realize I was entering a special hex and I feel I’m not noticing all the gatherable nodes very well.

Still, I feel it’s a pretty solid game for a pretty low price thus far. Looking forward to turning up the difficulty for the next run once I’ve got the basics down.

I’m not looking for any help on this but I can’t find any adamantinum to get closer to being able to move my tower.

Can you stack buff spells? Thinking of heading into Darkvale which probably means I should throw righteous, holy weapons, and bless on the units in the stack if possible.

Does this still use Spellforce’s Click ‘n’ Fight system or did they go for something more conventional? I rather liked CnF in the old games.

I’m 3 hrs in and quite clueless. It’s going to take me a while to grok the systems, so I’m not complaining.

And I am definitely experienced with tbs…