Spider-Man Far From Home - Spidey needs to go back!

It’s weird then. Is this trailer, like, a massive spoiler for Endgame? Is it a bait and switch? WHAT IS HAPPENING.

I mean the upcoming Marvel movie schedule has always been a big spoiler for Endgame. Black Panther’s got a movie coming up. Spidey’s got a movie coming up. People have been putting two and two together for awhile.

Right, but who actually knows or cares that this group of kids is from Queens? Outside the US (hell, outside of the tri-state area) “from Queens” is “from New York”, so you’re looking at all the people from the general area.

The only people who would reasonably be suspicious are Parker’s classmates, but if they weren’t already suspicious, no reason to start now.

It only stands out to me because seems like Spiderman is the only one of these guys who even really bothers with a secret identity. I loved that at the end of Iron Man Tony just says you know what, fuck it.

My guess is Sony isn’t willing to play Marvel’s game. From their perspective, this is their main money maker, and they’re not going to hold back trailers and marketing and risk it bombing. Which it obviously won’t, but still, they’re sticking it to Marvel.

Indeed. I think @divedivedive is vastly overestimating the interest of Europeans in the plethora of American tourists that are always around and even more the ability of Europeans to have a faint idea of where those people are from without them saying it explicitly.

What percentage of Europeans do you think can distinguish at all between American accents? Very few. It’s a foreign language for the vast majority.

Mind you, I haven’t watched the trailer yet. Don’t know if it all takes place in England, where the percentage would obviously be higher.

Er, no. Not at all. This is and has been since Tom joined the MCU a Sony/Marvel joint.

Really? You don’t think Spiderman showing up would spark any interest whatsoever? It’s not like he’s a globetrotting superhero, he tends to hang in one area for the most part. When he’s not fighting purple alien dudes anyway.

I’m with you. I don’t get the weird disconnect between the MCU being a product that has no end, and people seemingly thinking the Thanos snap would permanently kill money-makers like Black Panther and Spider-Man after they each had one title movie.

They really should have chosen better targets. There are plenty of heroes we could imagine would really be gone and feel the drama of it: Cap, Tony, ScarJo, ScarWitch etc.

Eh, it’s pretty safe to say that Sony can’t do shit about MCU Spidey without Marvel’s approval, and this certainly includes the marketing strategy. This isn’t Sony going rogue. Kevin Feige himself was the first to confirm that Spider-Man: Far From Home (it didn’t have that title yet then) will be the first phase 4 movie.

Maybe. You’d still have the issue that Thanos killed half the universe, which would need to be set right by whomever was left. Again, comics gonna comics. Nothing will ever stop the MCU except falling box office.

People looking for deeper examinations on survivor guilt, PTSD, or the impact of genocide are looking in the wrong direction.

Hold on a second there, because that’s really the premise for Iron Man 3. Tony is grappling with the events from The Avengers. There is definitely a survivor’s guilt and impact being looked at in that film.

I get what you’re saying with regard to Infinity War and its impact on the characters, but I do think it’s important to note that like the Marvel Comics before them, these films are always dealing with real world things that these characters experience and how they deal with that. That’s what makes Marvel… well, Marvel, especially compared to the DC Universe which was always much more happy go lucky hero stuff (and in film it still is…).

Sure. For about an hour. Then it’s back to AI-controlled super suit battles and quips. That’s the nature of comics.

Well, yes and no. He’s forced back into action because he comes to grips with the fact that, yes, he IS Iron Man. The kid helps him figure that out.

It’s been on TV a lot lately. I’ve watched it a bunch.

It’s one of my favorite MCU films, I like it even more than the original Iron Man.

Right. That’s fine. I’m not expecting nor wanting Deer Hunter or Born on the 4th of July in my Iron Man movies. I’m pointing out that the MCU isn’t going to grapple with hard stuff. It’s a superhero comic franchise. It ain’t ever getting deeper than a grimace or lone tear with some stirring music. There was zero chance Thanos permanently killed half the universe.

No one commenting on how Mysterio’s costume is pretty much an exact lift from the comics, and it looks like it works!!!1111

That’s our secret. We’re always in Europe.

Stark confirmed dead~

Imgur

This doesn’t actually mean anything. I just like the details.