Spider-Man Far From Home - Spidey needs to go back!

I just got back from watching this with my daughter. Absolutely fantastic, this incarnation of Spidey is just so full of joy and humour.

Went early this morning with my kids (don’t tell my work) and overall it was real good. I don’t think it eclipses Homecoming: Michael Keaton is still a better villain, and the Homecoming is way neater and more compact of a story. Still, Gyllenhall was a good choice, Zendaya rocks, and there was a lot of great humor and fun moments. There’s really no superhero as relatable as Spider-Man, is there?

This was a top-tier Marvel film. I do think it’s better than Homecoming.

Make sure you stay to the end of the credits! There are two sequences and you don’t want to miss either of them.

As I left the theater last night, I realized something:

We don’t have any upcoming Marvel movies on the schedule.

This is the first time that’s happened since, what, 2007?!

I liked it better than Homecoming. Heck, I liked it better than Endgame. Never thought they’d be able to pull off this story on the big screen.

One of the end credits scenes made me cheer and appluad. Like, instinctively, from my gut. I didn’t even realize I was doing it.

Indeed. The end credits in this one make up for all the mediocre ones in previous movies. Actually they’re more like critical information…

Same here. I’m not a prone to emotional outbursts person, but I yelled “Oh my god, yes!!” at that, and I know it was the same one. I have to turn in my emotionless British guy card now.

My review: "Spider-meh."

Wow, I’m really surprised y’all liked it that much. My son and I were both really excited by this, and we both thought it… did it’s job. Yep, it was a Spider-Man movie. It was entertaining. But nothing stood out as being a great moment. A couple of fun surprise reveals, but overall, it was just… there. Not bad, but nothing special.

We both liked Homecoming a lot better.

Some of you have already seen it. So, this movie came out on a Tuesday? What a weird release.

For those who have seen the movie: I don’t know if this counts as a spoiler, but there’s a character in the movie who spends a lot of time at a computer. That character is played by Peter Billingsley, who was Ralphie in the movie A Christmas Story.

Sounds like the trailer gave away way too much on this one. Glad I didn’t watch it.

Yeah, I stopped being trailer-averse after Endgame came out, and it didn’t ruin the movie or anything…but they definitely gave some major plot points away that they didn’t need to.

I know that Endgame is a special case, but the first trailer didn’t show anything past the first 10 minutes of the movie. I think that would be a good rule of thumb for other movie studios going forward…if they cared about spoilers, which obviously most of them don’t.

If you need me, I’ll just be here shouting into the wind.

I find it best to play it safe and never watch any trailers. Except for teaser trailers. Usually those are safe.

I wish I hadn’t watched the trailer for this. Loved it, hated the post credit scenes though. The story directions they indicate make me sad.

Not sure what you mean. We’d need a spoiler thread to discuss it though.

Yeah I need more time to type it out and a spoiler thread. It’s definitely just my opinion on things I enjoy personally, nothing like a critical note.

I didn’t think this would need a spoiler thread (less than 100 posts in six months??), but I made one anyway.

Avengers Endgame says hi.

Also just came out 😉

Woah. You blew my mind with that casting note, Andy.