Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse

I saw this when it was in the theater. I walked out and said to my wife “That is without a doubt my favorite movie ever.” Seriously I loved that movie from the second it started to the second it ended. I don’t buy movies anymore, but I may break that rule for this one.

Thanks for “drawing” this to my attention (sorry) - it’s a cool detail I’d have missed for sure.

I capture the frame it happens in case others missed it (like myself):

You should watch one of the several videos on the animation. This one does a decent breakdown of all the stuff they are doing that was ground breaking.

It’s on Netflix now.

Oh really?

Yes, it is. I just saw it last night as I was scrolling through. I thought you should know.

Thanks @legowarrior, I’m glad someone thought to come here and let everyone know!

(Just kidding @forgeforsaken, obviously you had Lego beat by… checks notes… ten days.)

Someone should post it in the Netflix thread.

I believe there is too much thread consolidation around here as it is. There should have just been a brand new thread called “Spider-man Into the Spider-verse now on Netflix!” and that would have solved all our problems!

I’ve just avoided this thread because I feared it would be full of spoilers. Hence, I didn’t see @forgeforsaken post about it. I can’t check ever movie thread here to see if it’s finally going to go to Netflix so that I can watch it without having to go out to the movie theater (and leave my wife alone to watch both small kids).

I couldn’t figure out which Netflix thread to use

Probably this one. Which already has the announcement. Announced 2 days before your announcement and 12 days before my announcement.

I guess I’m 100% at fault here for not realizing this before hand.

@Jason_Becker, thank you for letting me know. I should have read your post 12 days ago.

Great news everyone!

Did you see that this movie is up on Netflix now?

GREAT NEWS ACE.

I noticed my girls watching some sort of animated Spider-man movie over the long holiday weekend. No, not the new ones with Tom Holland, this was something different. Had a pig spider too! I think they were watching it on Hulu. Maybe Netflix though?

Ooh, I watched that too! I love the Simpsons.

tl;dr from the behind-the-scenes videos: They used speed lines and other techniques instead of motion blur and out-of-focus backgrounds, because they wanted every frame of the movie to look like a standalone comic book panel.

This goes directly with my son’s comment: “I want to take every frame of this movie, put them into a blender, and pour the mixture directly on my brain!”

Is there a way to take a movie and separate every single frame into a separate image file? I would love to just have random frames from this movie cycling through during the day!

I mean, Handbrake will probably do it. Or the GIMP. The GIMP does everything. Just make sure not to respect it or give it any recognition; it gets twitchy.

Are you sure you want to give up most of a hard drive to it though?

There’s a VLC filter for that.