Spintires - Old Soviet trucks, mud, a map, and a compass

@tomchick really liked this game didn’t he?

Despite its strange subject, it is a really addicting and fascinating game. Can be very frustrating, too.
There is quite a big online community, although I never played it that way.

I played Mudrunner a bit last night. It’s not much different than the prior game with a couple minor improvements to the UI, and a basic mission mode. I think a review called it an expanded re-release, which sounds about right. I’m enjoying it.

3 new vehicles and a new map were released for free, for MudRunner. Also its 80% off.

How demanding is this game of your hardware? I have an 4 core AMD processor and geForce GTX 750 ti, which are technically above the minimum reqs.

This game is a technical marvel. It runs very fluidly in 720p with a 1GB Geforce 820m, which is like two classes bellow your video card.

The Ridge dlc is out, and its free!

We need to get Tom to stream this again. :D

Amen, brother. I’ve missed it. I was dinking around in a pre-release build of Onrush, and the whole time I’m rocketing at breakneck speed across its open-world wilderness, I’m thinking, “Man, I’d really rather be playing Spintires…”

-Tom

PSA , Mudrunner is $3 during the summer sale (90% off!), if you own the original Spintires.

I only just realised that the title of this game means “spin tires”. Wow.

Yep. And the other one means Mud Runner. ;)

Some of the Mud Runner mods look fantastic in the workshop. Gonna try this one out when I get it installed.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1245922736

Guess I should have waited. I was happy when I picked up Mudrunners for $8 or $9 during some kind of release special, again if you already owned Spintires.

I haven’t even installed it yet, and now it’s $3.
Patience is indeed a virtue, at least when it comes to PC games.

Oooh, that is cool!

Yeah unless its something I really want to play NOW. I wait as close to a year after release to pick up other games. Usually at 60%-75% off.

#patientgamer

Yeah I love the lift on it, and the fact it has a snorkel.

Yeah Mudrunner is by far the better game, camera and just the feel of driving is much better.

Just did a watchtower run, took a bit of damage due to a incline / big rock but got to where I wanted and unlocked this beauty:

Serious log hauling requires a serious truck!

Comrades,

I am still stranded on Hill 71 just beyond large ditch. Fuel ran out in January. Vodka in March.

Alex

Is there multiplayer? I’d be your fuel man anytime!

Here I am headed out to the log camp, bringing extra fuel just in case.

Also grabbed this beauty, the D-535!

Yes, there is multiplayer. Tom and I would be very bad at it.