Stacking, from Double Fine

Cool, even better.

Count me in for this one as well.

Not the first downloadable console game from the past year that looks very interesting. Alas, I have no consoles but my Atari.

This game is out this week. Let’s get the word out and get excited people! Come on!

Cheers for the heads-up (wasn’t expecting it for another month or so), ordering funbucks now.

FYI Anyone who is on or is considering Playstation Plus gets Stacking day and date of release on PSN for free.

If you get a free game through Playstation Plus, do you get to keep it after you unsubscribe?

I believe the answer is no.

Not if it’s free. If you buy it from a PS+ discount then yes.

Sadly, there seems to be no publicity for this game at all. Heck, even Tom didn’t mention it on his weekly wallet threat level.

There’s this Youtube video (a stop motion film made with the nesting dolls) that’s kind of like a promo!

I am so hyped for this game. Seriously. Everything I’ve seen so far suggests that if Double Fine pull it off (which I’ve never seen them fail to do) this might be one of my favourite games ever made.

EDIT: Oh, I’m watching the demo, and loving it even more. An ‘aging illusionist whose sole power is to make people look like Argyll’? This is going to be awesome.

I decided to take advantage of the Free w/ PSN deal. I really love it. Like most Double Fine games, it’s incredibly clever, charming and funny. The idea of jumping in and out of different dolls reminds me of Hitman or Messiah, but obviously without the shootiness, and much more simple and puzzle based. It’s clever, but nothing too groundbreaking or challenging and highly enjoyable. Double Fine just has a way of making me smile more than any other developer can.

Weird that the game has no metacritic page.

Chris

Yeah, it’s a complete stealth release with almost no publicity. Eurogamer loved it.

Tried the demo, bought it. I usually regret buying Doublefine Games, but that one seems really nice, I love the art style and as at is more or less an adventure game, the gameplay might just work. The stacking mechanism are pretty clever.

I can’t imagine why it doesn’t show up in a search, but it definitely has a page.

My wife and I spent over a half hour trying to solve the first puzzle – looking for the key master – only to learn from the official forums that the key master not spawning is a common bug. Really, Double Fine, the very first puzzle?

Damn, that’s one beautiful demo. I LOVE the Terrence and Philip animation style, and the silent-movie cutscenes, and the really nice shading on their smooth rounded little heads. My wife and I had quite a fun time, though we only got the easiest solution to the Lounge Problem… we were able to entice the guard away from the door by two other dolls, but we couldn’t figure out how to capitalize on that situation. What’d I miss?

Wow, glad we didn’t get hit by the keymaster bug. That’s pretty lousy alright. Perhaps they can patch it, it being downloadable and all…

The guard only relates to one solution. There is an environmental feature nearby that figures in the other two.