Stadia - Google's vision for the future of gaming

I wasn’t a current member when I used it, but I had the free trial thingy in november.

Maybe they changed it, what did it say when you tried redeeming?

It said I had to be a member of Stadia Pro in order to redeem codes.

(And the page you linked to said the same thing, except that page said you can sign up for a free trial, but I already used up my free trial last year).

Hmm weird. :(

The code is for stadia pro, doesn’t really make sense for people to already have it to redeem it.

Yeah, I’m willing to sign up for it for free for 3 months and never use it. But to pay $10 for 4 months and then never use it seems wasteful.

Btw, I just played the Resident Evil Village demo on Stadia just now. Unfortunately “Invert Y” doesn’t do anything, and the look can’t be inverted so I couldn’t play the demo. It’s a shame, I really was curious about the game, and I don’t think the demo is available on PC.

This one?

Obligatory GeForce NOW is far superior and you can use your own Steam library. Only a limited selection of games though. I’ve signed up to Shadow too but the waiting period is like a year - craziness!. Once it comes online I’m going to switch over entirely to cloud gaming and no longer run a gaming rig at home.

This points out a good use of Stadia actually. I installed that Steam demo after you linked it and confirmed that yes indeed, you can’t invert look successfully in the steam demo either. So it was actually a good use of Stadia to not install anything and to already know I can’t play the demo because of the controls.

And now you have saved me from looking at either :)

Is there a way to leave a negative review on Steam? I can’t find anywhere on the Demo page where I can leave a review on Steam, and yet, lots of people have done so. I’m totally confounded. I googled it and there’s supposed to be a review box below the part where it says I already own it.

Hmm. I don’t see the option either. I wonder if that’s something you lose when you’re not a real Steam customer. I haven’t bought a Steam key from Steam in forever.

I bought something from them last week! I like your theory though. Maybe they flagged the demo as not reviewable but forgot to do so when it was released, hence all the current reviews.

I haven’t tried it, but I think you can invert the axis in Steam using the general controller settings. Open the Steam client, go to the Steam tab at the top → settings → controller → general controller settings.

That doesn’t seem like a good thing.

Tis but a scratch!

Jedi Fallen Order is now part of Pro as well.

Free chromecast and stadia controller if you pre-buy the new Resident Evil.
See fine print if anyone is interested in that.

Note: they’re still shipping Chromecast Ultras for this, not the new Chromecast with Google TV.