Star Crash - perhaps the best movie ever made

How awesome is it that there’s gymnastic equipment conveniently located whenever a fight breaks out!!!

oh, man. Gimkata!
Village of the crazies FIGHT!

Wow. I’d totally blacked out Gymkata, though I must have suffered through it at least half a dozen times on cable. I can’t remember how it ends, but I can still vividly see him kicking ass from whatever gymnastic equipment was immediately handy.

If you’re going to bring up Gymkata, you have to also bring up The Octagon.

You better take that back or Chuck Norris is going to kick your ass.

I’m going to wait until you post in a different forum than you think you’re in, and then come out of the woodwork to hit you over the head with the fucking obvious.

Please remember, we have no moderator so there’s no point in me requesting the thread be moved. This is what you get in an apathy state.

I studied film and always got the ‘what’s your favorite movie’ question in intro smalltalk. I always answered this. I don’t think anyone ever knew what it was. Bummer.

Oh, that’s sad. Big Trouble in Little China is suuuuuch a great movie. :)

Please do, although I’m pretty sure I’ll beat you to it.

Please remember, we have no moderator so there’s no point in me requesting the thread be moved. This is what you get in an apathy state.

Only you can stop forest fires.

Wow. Does Big Trouble not show up on cable or something? It’s the quintessential so cheezy it’s actually good movie. Easily one of my favorite movies, and not just my favorite bad movies either.

Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol’ storm right square in the eye and he says, “Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.”

I just finished watching Space Crash. My goodness. The acting is bad. The writing is bad. The special effects are bad. But the bikinis are nice.

Is that a cheap knockoff of Star Crash? Because that would be awesome.

I’m watching Star Crash right now, Starring Tom Brady and a couple of other cameos of superbowls past.

Ummm… It’s just my brain farts in action.

I’m guessing that self-declared film snobs probably don’t deign to acknowledge movies like Big Trouble in Little China.

I don’t know. The guys I’ve known into films the most also appreciate, or even make, B or even C movies…

Why is the American classic Buckaroo Banzai being lumped in with all these B-movies?

Seconded. I just made my students watch BB on my birthday. I also learned that W.D. Richter lives somewhere in my vicinity and I’m thinking about stalking him.

No matter where you go – there you are.

Good to hear Buckaroo Banzai holds up! It’s been so long since I watched it that I’ve been hesitant to netflix it, for fear of it being one of those movies best remembered through the lens of nostalgia…