Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander - One of the Finest Space Games Ever

Mazel Tov

Friends, I hope y’all don’t mind me posting this, but I’ve begun working on a tutorial series in the hopes of making this deep game more approachable for folks, and the first video is here:

Thanks for your time.

When will the game be available?

Hopefully soon. We’re still finding bugs to squash, a code audit is happening and the documentation is being updated, but we’re making progress. I can’t give a definite date yet, but we’re closer than ever before.

Most excellent. Keep up the good work, and I hope it is relatively smooth sailing from here on out. I am looking forward to trying this out. Been a long time since I fired up the original!

Few people want to get it into your hands more than I do, but what we don’t want is a repeat of the disastrous 1.0 launch, so we’re being very careful.

Friends, I hope you don’t mind me chiming in again, but I just wanted to let you know that I finished making the tutorial videos for Star Fleet II. It consists of twenty-two short videos covering everything from basic navigation to full fleet command. I hope you find them useful and entertaining.

Thank you.

No, thank you!

Seriously, super big grats on this whole thing. I bounced off this hard back in the day, mostly due to confusion. But I’ll be diving in when this comes out, your tutorials in tow!

Any ETA(ish) on a release date? This is one I’m really looking forward to.

Yeah you and a lot of other folks bounced off it back in the day, not just to confusion. Hopefully the new version, with these tutorials and updated documentation, will be easier for you to grok. I keep saying, if an idiot like me can grok it. anyone can.

I wish I had one, but we’re getting closer every day. We’re squashing as many bugs as we can find in the beta, a programmer Trevor hired is doing a code audit, and the documentation is in the process of being updates, so it won’t be long now.

Believe me, no one wants to get this into your grubby paws more than I do. Well, except maybe Trevor, the guy who made it. ;)

Really looking forward to this one. Bringing back memories three decades in the past.

So glad to hear it!

So you guys, I bought a thing:

Is that an ancient laptop running the OG Star Fleet II?

Nope, new device running a 386sx on a chip.

What device? That’s really impressively old school looking.

I linked it above but here it is:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805356267711.html?gatewayAdapt=gloMsite2usaPcglo2usa4itemAdapt

Oh, sorry; I didn’t realize you had already linked it, but thank you. No longer available, but man, what an interesting bit of kit. Are you running the original game or the new one? And how did you get it on there?

Hopefully more will be availavle. I used a USB disk to copy the latest 2.0 beta over. Took forever. Getting the CF card out is tricky too.

Was just thinking about this and your involvement @BrianRubin . How are things going with this these days?