Star Trek Discovery (2017)

That top-down view of Discovery is tragic.

This is better, but why does the saucer section have a ring?

Ugh, the ship looks worse the more higher detail images I see of it. :(

They liked it so they put a ring on it!

Rotates to more easily cut pizza.

THIS. Just watch it show up on the Star Trek site store.

Maybe they like to separate the saucers more than once? I mean, it’s probably fun to say.

Yeah, that’s not a good look. Very flat.

The person who made this doesn’t understand how weapons work. The original bat’leth was already a bad weapon design but this is just stupid.

Maybe it works like the TNG saucer that could detach but for this it’s just the outside ring that does it.

Ugh, why did they do that to the nacelles?

FTFY. :)

SDCC trailer:

I liked everything but the song and the lead. Too emo on both counts.

Are those Klingons? Really don’t like them if those are Klingons.

At least from the brief snippets shown, the ships all looked fine, although can’t really get a good look at them so they might look worse if we had a good look at them. Same with the uniforms.

They should rewrite the Klingon language too! There’s so much stuff that can be changed!

Eh looked solid enough to me to at least still want to check the pilot pilot out and maybe sign up for a single month of the All Access to check the series after it’s aired.

A lot of stuff looked cool. Not the Klingons, though. They really didn’t need to change them. They just look stupid now. Not crazy about the new ship design either, but that’s kind of minor to me.

Also, it looked like Klingon ships uncloaked? I thought this took place before TOS? The Romulans developed cloaking in TOS. Is this an alternate timeline?

I still think the way to watch it is to wait until near the season’s end and subscribe and binge. I don’t need to watch them when they first air. I’ll just avoid the conversation. CBS needs to get a something else on the pay network besides reruns and that continuation of The Good Wife.

Hah, I thought the same thing!

Lost me at “Sometimes down is up.” Really? That’s the best empty profundity the writers could come up with?