Star Trek : Prodigy

The blu-ray – which is only the first half of the season – is selling out everywhere. That’s awesome.

I bought it all on Prime just in case it never finds its way to blu-ray. It was $18 for the whole season which isn’t bad.

The Animated Series had a six episode long second season.

Oh geez you’re right.

Well I’ll be damned. I thought it was a single 22 episode season but no, it was one of 16 and then another of 6. How weird.

Me too. I think its also presented as such on the blu-ray too.

I like that they’re talking up the show and really trying to sell it loudly to someone. I hope Peacock or someone who is hungry for content takes it from them.

4 minute clip from season 2 which we may or may not ever get.

Gah, that was fucking great.

Oh, man. I need to see the bridge of that ship.

Prodigy lives on!

This news makes my day/week/month/year.

I’ll be sure to get a month of Netflix when that makes its way there, and then be sure to watch that first before I watch anything else, so they know they got me because of Star Trek Prodigy

Yeah, I should probably rejoin Netflix for a little while, I’m sure there have been some other things worth watching since I ditched.

Season One is reappearing for Christmas:

Season 2 sounds like it’s done with production.

I’m wondering if I should get Netflix on Christmas Day a d start rewatch of Season 1 to show support or if that’s better saved for when season 2 drops?

On the other hand, there is a critical mass of smaller things that are accumulating on Netflix now that I want to see, so maybe now is a good time to show Prodigy some love.

I’d say if there’s other stuff you want to watch on Netflix just resubscribe now, who knows when Season 2 is going to drop. You could also resubscribe, watch Season 1, drop your subscription and then resubscribe for Season 2.

I cancelled Netflix a month or two ago. Planning to resubscribe at Christmas and watch Prodigy first (AIUI first show or movie watched on subscription is one statistic streamers pay a lot of attention to).

Just reading the thread to see if the Netflix thing is worth watching and saw this…

I mean, it’s more Sim Away Mission Gone Worng, but still. Lot of fun :)

So I’m taking my wife through the show, and I’m so happy she likes it. It’s so fun to watch it through for a second time, and I hope Netflix keeps funding it.

I’ve been watching it again while doing other stuff on my computer, just so Netflix sees the interest! I honestly didn’t love it the first few episodes because Dal kept making so many stupid decisions, but it definitely grew on me as the characters developed and I loved the back half of the first season.