Star Trek Resurgence

Just want to chime in that I am loving the hell out of this game. It is just so amazingly Star Trek in every way. Fun little mini games (although I’m kind of tired of flying the shuttle around obstacles). Great choices to make and I’ve legit feel like I’ve messed a few of those up.

I have no idea how long it is, but I don’t want it to end. I just got to a chapter called “General Quarters”.

Terrific! I loved the hell out of it too. One of the best games I’ve played this year. But then, I’m biased. :)

I remember a chapter named “General Quarters,” but I don’t remember how far that was from the end. Some people say it takes them only 12 hours to finish. It took me 24 hours, but I tend to savor stuff, look around a lot, and I replayed a lot of gun fights until I won.

Gah, sorry to hear that! I hope it’s fixed soon!

Finished this last night. Had an absolute blast throughout it. Writing was great, voice acting was quite good with a few exceptions, and the plot managed to have very high stakes for a video game.

Sure, it’s extremely linear- but that’s the most I have ever felt “in” the Star Trek setting and being invested in the characters. Choices were often not obvious (and I know many did not ultimately matter), and did a great job of making you feel like an officer faced with tough decisions.

I sure hope they make more games like this. Highly recommended for adventure game and Trek fans. Maybe I’ll reinstall the Interplay classics next.

Glad you enjoyed it! I’m curious – how many hours /played did it take you? As I mentioned above, it took me 24 hours.

I enjoyed the Interplay games too. If you do replay them, let us know how they hold up, gameplay-wise.

Which is how I felt playing the Interplay point and click games. I didn’t expect it to be this good!

In order to encourage this does it mean I have to now buy an Epic exclusive? It’s been difficult enough waiting for it to come to Steam/rest of the stores, but now I heard it’s not only good, it’s Judgement Rites good?

The Interplay games are still a lot of fun, but your mileage may vary with your interest in, or possibly patience with, point and click adventure games of the era. I also didn’t really care for the ship-to-ship combat but those are fairly quick.

As far as Resurgence goes, I picked up a copy and am pretty stoked to play, just been stuck on Diablo 4 for a while. This should be next on the docket.

According to Epic it took me 13 hours 38 minutes.

Patch is out!

https://twitter.com/trekresurgence/status/1674820905132777473?s=46&t=6zM5oEuOgo73uerR0EVtIA

Patch doesn’t fix the crashes on the ROG Ally!

And at least one report it doesn’t work using Heroic Launcher on Steam Deck anymore either. Apparently an AMD APU issue. Which is weird given the consoles use AMD APUs.

Literally the only game I can’t get to work on the Ally.

This is back down to $30 at Epic, plus a 10% credit I think.

This is on sale on Xbox for $30. Would probably pick it up if it wasn’t for BG3 (and soon Starfield) consuming all my current gaming energy.

I think it’s about 12 hours total, so it could be used as a palate cleanser in between long RPG sessions. :)

Highly recommended for Trek fans.

Agree with @Editer. Probably the best Trek game I’ve played since Elite Forces 2.

Thirded. It’s wonderful.

Fourthed. Really fun game with a rich Trek feel.

Played the first few hours of this. It’s been a really slow burn so far, but I’m going to keep on playing. So far it feels like an unedited TNG episode, for better or worse.

Stick with it. Like the consensus says, it’s the best Trek game in a long time.

Either the latest Resurgence patch, or the latest AMD drivers, fixes Resurgence on the ROG Ally. Runs nice and smooth.

I’d been saving the last part of the game, but now it’s gonna be too convenient not to finish it.

It’s a terrific ending. Enjoy it.

Finally got around to playing this and I really enjoyed it. There’s a lot of good stuff in this game, really interesting story, and it’s always interesting to step into the Trek universe and get involved in intergalactic drama. I read somewhere that it’s based on an episode of TNG, but I must have either missed that one or I’ve completely blanked on it, but it’s not critical to understand what’s happening here. Also surprisingly grim for Trek, there’s a bleak undertone to the intentions of the villains here, I appreciated the interplay between the aspirational Starfleet’s efforts to stop those events from coming to pass and the creeping inevitable-feeling doom.

But man, there was some stuff in here that really didn’t work. If you haven’t played the game but are aware that it’s more or less developed by Telltale 2.0, then it probably wouldn’t surprise you to learn that there are a ton of QTE segments here. And unfortunately, they’re mostly very uninteresting. Push left on the stick to keep your character walking and talking. And I don’t necessarily begrudge the existence of QTEs, but I felt that being Trek, there were plenty of opportunities for logic puzzles, doing something more interesting with figuring out how to transport somebody, for instance, or how to decipher a long-dead civilization’s language. But mostly, you’re just popping cases open, picking up the relevant tool, and pointing it at the problem. And the shooting and stealth segments, which I think are pretty new to Telltale-like games, got old really fast for me.

But overall it’s still a thumbs up for me. I liked the characters, they fit in well with existing lore and the new story they were telling. I hope there might be more of these coming.