Star Wars - Ahsoka on Disney+

OK, I don’t know any of these characters - except Thrawn I guess, and then only as the character from the Timothy Zahn books. But there’s that one guy who I thought had an orange lightsaber, and I was all, hey cool! Another new color! But no, I guess it’s just red and he’s a sith.

Is that old dude C’Baoth? Is this whole thing just making Heir to the Empire canon-ish again?

Guys, I didn’t know this, but in the Star Wars section of Disney+, it has “Ahsoka Tano Essential Episodes,” which includes several episodes of Clone Wars and Rebels. This is a TERRIFIC idea, I must admit, and it’ll definitely help prep my wife for the show.

Heresy! It clearly only can be second best since Season 2 Rebels finale, Twilight of the Apprentice, exists.

Rebels is an immediate precursor to A New Hope. Rebels basically ends where Rogue One begins, and directly puts the Rebel base on Yavin IV. There’s even a few Rebels cameos in Rogue One.

Clone Wars takes place over a decade earlier. And while there are some direct connections, Hondo, Ahsoka, and Maul most come to mind, it isn’t a true sequel to that by any means. Though it does nicely set up things for what comes.

I mean, Twilight of the Apprentice is great and all, but it’s no Victory and Death.

I saw both but memory is weak, can you refresh?

I was thinking of the one that ends with a duel in the desert

Ohhh good stuff

Wait a minute, those were orange lightsabers! I’m not crazy AT ALL.

Someone needs to be cool enough to rock the purple lightsaber again

The characters is Ahsoka just bought one of those Paz lightsaber coloring kits.

An alternate headline is, “Star Wars fans can’t stop arguing and just enjoy shit”.

Yeah but they’re arguing about stupid stuff.

As opposed to all the smart things they argue about?

Don’t look at me, I’m a Trek guy. I leave all this space wizard stuff to the other folks.

Hey cool, Wes Chatham, dude who played Amos on The Expanse, has a role in Ahsoka:

Did whoever bought The Expanse ever finish it, or did it get left hanging?

What?

I thought it got canceled, but someone else bought the rights to finish it, Community style, but they may have left it unfinished as well.