STAR WARS Episode X - A New Rey of Hope

Looks like there might be some movement on bringing SW back to the big screen. Didn’t expect them to go back to the Skywalker well after the uneven Eps 7-9.

Here’s hoping they actually manage to craft a good story for her this time.

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (“Ms. Marvel”) will direct from a script by Steven Knight (“Peaky Blinders”). The film follows the events of “Rise of Skywalker,” and will focus on Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.

I’m liking this team, I think. I need to watch Ms Marvel and Peaky Blinders to be sure though! :)

@Cormac, I love your thread title! Kudos!

I wonder if Boyega will return?

Daisy Ridley was one of the better parts of the films, especially her acting against Adam Driver.

But, what story is there to tell there? It felt like that story was told.

Surprised they are going to continue the 7-9 series.

Rebuilding the Jedi Order. Duh! :)

But yeah, it will be interesting how they can tamp down the ridiculousness of Episode 9 somehow. The aftermath of all the independent ships in the galaxy fighting a gazillion planet killing star destroyers and all that.

“Somehow Kylo Ren returned.”

Should mention that they announced two other movies as well.

James Mangold is making a movie about the start of the Jedi.

Dave Filoni is making a movie that will tie together his shows. Frankly, that’s the only movie I feel would be a lock to get made.

All of the best Star Wars content post Lucas has been anything to do with everything but Jedi. Surprising that 2 of the 3 new movies are going in that direction.

They need to multiverse this shit somehow so Episode 9 never happened.

I can live with Last Jedi. Mark Hamill will totally play Luke again as a force ghost. You know he will. Dude spoke at a tech conference I went to. He just wants to get out of the house.

For me, whatever movie they make will be a Daisy Ridley movie first, a new Steven Knight script second, and a Star Wars movie distant third. Hopefully they sort out their space wizard nonsense a little bit better this time.

Speaking of Steven Knight, can we pretend November Criminals and Serenity never happened? No, not that Serenity, the one you didn’t see:

I think what amuses me most is that one day Daisy Ridley will be praying for permanent on-screen death.

Haha! I saw that Serenity.

May be one of the most WTF moments for me.

They can just have Rey wake up and say that Episode 9 was all a dream.

What they need is to redo Episodes 1 - 3 and 7 - 9.

Maybe now the setting can evolve a bit, instead of reusing the stuff from the OT to prove that they could still do SW movies like in the past, and not prequel it.

Seems like it may be more of a standalone film instead of Episode X.

I want to say I’m so done with Star Wars prequels at this point and I have zero interest in the Birth of the Jedi film, but… Andor was great. So, maybe?

The Filoni movie… Well, if it’s more Mandalorian and less Book of Boba Fett, could be good.

As for the Rey film, the complete lack of mention of the words “J.J. Abrams” gives me hope.

But does it give you A New Hope.

I hope Adam D.river will be back, maybe add a force ghost. He was so good in this and seemed really invested in the lore.