Star Wars Episodr IX spoilers thread

Two things really threw me:

• Dominic Monaghan really threw me. I couldn’t tell if he was going to say it wasn’t Penny’s boat, or ask about second breakfasts.
  • I know he wasn’t in TLJ, but I miss Mayhew as Chewie. He had a certain walk that the actor didn’t try and replicate.

Things I liked:

• Ian McDiarmid can really do a lot with a little.
  • The Carrie Fisher scenes were well done.
  • I think Anthony Daniels got a cameo as a gunner.

Wow, strongly disagree on the Fisher scenes. It felt like a Bad Lip Reading video. Incredibly stilted, too many lines from her shot from the back of her head, etc.

I can’t really blame that on JJ or the film, it was a no-win situation, but I definitely wasn’t satisfied with it.

Well, I meant “well done” on a “the best you can do in this situation” grading scale.

I enjoyed it. In true serial fashion it tied a rather neat bow on all nine movies. JJ was obviously left in a shitty position by The Last Jedi because it pretty much ruined the Knights of Ren, Rey’s past, and well, everything that should have been good about a middle film. I think I hate that movie even more now.

I liked cyber zombie emperor, Snoke was a clone, all the time this cast that JJ obviously loved bringing together getting to actually be on an adventure together on screen and that Chewie didn’t die. Lando was great, too.

Bringing Rey back to where everything started for Luke made perfect sense to me. He and Leia made her what she is so why the hell not take the name of those people who trained her? Ben could only be redeemed so much after all he’d done so using the Force to save her, the one who always held out for the good in everyone, was good.

It’s rough around the edges and races along at a fast pace, but when you are handed lemons, sometimes you have to work fast to make a slightly watered down lemonade.

I wonder how many easter egg space ships are in that Rebel fleet shot near the end?

Just got back from the screening. Hey, is there anything you complained about in The Last Jedi? It’s answered here. Any loose ends from The Force Awakens? Yep, covered those too. And they even took care of one or two things from the Original Trilogy, just for good measure.

I didn’t like The Last Jedi and my son really liked it. I really liked The Rise of Skywalker, and my son really didn’t like it. At the end of the movie, he said, “Wow, I can’t believe this is how you felt after The Last Jedi.”

It’s a lot of fan service…but I liked it anyway. Probably my favorite of the Sequel Trilogy, if only because it was a mostly original story.

You might be thinking of Denis Lawson (Wedge).

You could be right.

Too many side characters and concepts introduced and disappear though wish they’d developed Finn-Rey-Poe more. Shouldn’t have to read tie-in novels or comics to fill in gaps.

This review has no spoilerz!

Tie-in comic starring John Travolta as Kylo Ren:

Wait, you mean you want to have the bickering between Poe and Rey carry forward throughout the movie? Like if things mattered from scene to scene? What sort of mad sorcery would that be?!

Or maybe you wanted to know what Finn wanted to tell Rey? Like if a movie had setups and payoffs? Unthinkable! Isn’t the mystery box more exciting!!!

Really, this lame guy in an offscreen tie-in comic is the inspiration for Ben Swole-o:

The third movie’s bickering was indeed bad and not a replacement for character growth. I wish Finn’s ex-Storm Trooper back sorry wasn’t discarded.

Sorry—to clarify I wanted more meaningful interaction between Poe-Finn and Finn-Rey not all three that led to Poe whining.

Is that Bane in an Alternate Universe?

It’s Cobra Colander.

Mostly I just wanted the interracial I’m into that

I wouldn’t say it was discarded.

• He made friends with the Endor folks based on shared Stormtrooper status.
  • He knew his way around the Star Destroyer, putting in codes to open doors.
  • He took out the main destroyer, and the dish knowing where to go, what to hack, etc.

That’s literally the only thing they DIDN’T answer. It was an odd omission, but it’s not like it mattered to the plot. And I can guess what he actually wanted to tell her.