Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - EA, Respawn

We’re getting warm! :)

I think it looks like another awesome game from Respawn. I miss lightsabers being outrageously powerful like they were in Raven’s Jedi brawlers, so this is right up my alley.

Excuse the double post, but Game Informer’s Fallen Order cover story’s online and available for anyone that’s interested.

Sold. Pre-ordering. Deluxe edition. Whatever they want.

Yeah, made me wonder if they are targeting 60fps on consoles. Looks cool, though.

I like that they are using the in game models and not switching out during cutscenes. That always drives me nuts. Gameplay looks pretty good on this. A good story, and some interesting skill choices and this looks right up my alley.

Team Ninja and Nioh must be one of the few developers and games that lets players decide if they want to prioritize graphics (resolution) or frame rate. For an action game like Sekiro or Nioh I’ll definitely take a consistent 60fps over 30fps but better graphics.

Geoff Keighley mentioned on Twitter he played the first 30 minutes of the game and it was 60fps. He might have been playing on the PC, but if it was an Xbox One build being shown at EA play I think that means they’re targeting 60fps on console for release.

A hub and spoke structure sounds ok, but it didn’t look very different from the SP campaign in the last Battlefront in play.

Animation looks stilted… the little robot is MUCH better than mr. Frat boy Jedi. Sigh. You’d think they’d know this … it’s only been 50 years. Fine 40 years. whateves

Jedi Bro Blando Calrissian looks really boring.

I didn’t watch the full reveal, did they mention if players could choose an alternate/female protagonist?

Can you pet the dog in this?

I don’t want to say, “I have a bad feeling about this”, but the AI in the gameplay trailer was horrible and it just looks so ordinary. I am a huge fan of respawn so I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but that E3 demo was just meh.

Did Titanfall had good AI? I don’t think so.
With this I mean, lots of good action games are done despite not having good AI.

I’m in the “Titanfall was solid but overrated” camp, and I know that’s not a popular opinion, but the Fallen Order footage is even less exciting if you’re starting from that perspective.

Listening to the hands on reports and it sounds a lot better than it came off in the trailers. Apparently it’s a light Souls game too complete with bonfires.

And there goes my interest!

Yeah, light Souls game? That’s a bucket of cold water.

I’ve got some bad news for you guys. Every new game is basically Dark Souls now.