Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - EA, Respawn

Not comparing new third person games to Dark Souls is the Dark Souls of video games journalism.

AC: Origins was supposed to be a light Souls game, and I think you said you were enjoying that one.

Then I guess I don’t know what it means to say “light Souls game” because I wouldn’t describe AC Origins that way.

I doubt they are going to make a Star Wars game punishing like a Dark Souls game.

So level design supposedly Metroid Prime/Souls like. Areas you can’t get to that you can revisit once you unlock a certain item of power. Able to unlock shortcuts. Limited healing item like estus flask. Combat let’s you parry/block/dodge, though key bindings sound closer to Nioh with attacks on face buttons. Meditation points act as bonfires and let you respawn enemies. Skill tree for powers etc.

This was never going to be an RPG like those.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

I swear I read that as ‘Hockey religions,’ then realized I’d probably like a game about hockey religions.

Instead of a holy trinity, a sacred hat trick.

The full demo:

New trailer’s out!

I’ve seen mixed interest in this game and I don’t get it. Respawn’s Titanfall 2 had probably the very best shooter campaign we’ve seen in the last five years… maybe ten? More? Yet people are skeptical of how this will turn out?

It looks phenomenal and I trust them to get it right.

I think it’s being made by a different internal team than the Titanfall stuff, but even then Respawn’s track record is absolutely stellar, and the preview coverage has sold me on the game.

I think it looks pretty great. I’ll be there day one, and I don’t do that very often anymore.

Huh, so definitely more than one Inquisitor. Now we have he Second Sister and the Ninth Sister confirmed.

Yep. This gon’ be gud.

Ugh, I preordered but all this Dark Souls talk is making me reconsider.

If difficulty is a concern (like it is for me), I’ve read that they have different levels of difficulty, like story which supposedly makes it quite trivial.