Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

I was wondering when Greez and Merrin were going to turn up, seems like all the marketing has focused on the new characters.

Could be considered slightly spoilery, so don’t watch if you want to go in blind.

I can’t believe this is now coming essentially at the same time as Diablo IV. Well, 10 days before D4, but considering it took me a month and a half of daily play to beat the first game, basically I’m going to be playing Jedi Survivor throughout June and through part of July. And that’s if I don’t touch Diablo IV at all at launch.

Both games will have some things that need to be patched, so the plan right now really is to play Jedi Survivor to completion, which allows Diablo IV an extra month + change to fix any issues. But I don’t know if I have that kind of willpower after enjoying the beta so much.

I just wish the two releases were further apart.

This comes out April 28th. Diablo is June 6th. You’ve got a little more than a month, not 10 days.

Nice! I thought it was at the end of May. Very cool. So I’ll likely finish it around mid to end June. That’s much more reasonable. Yay! Bottled water for everyone in celebration.

Ouch. Also my computer pretty much hits the recommended specs on the dot, which makes me nervous given that my 5600x is usually thermally throttled. So I’ll probably end up getting this on console.

You should do something about that CPU - it’s really not normal for a 5600x.

I’m digging these trailers, definitely looking forward to playing this.

How spoiler-y is the trailer?

Not that I’ll watch it anyway, since I’ll be getting the game right away, but I’m just curious.

I’m really excited for this one - I really enjoyed the heck out of the last one, which was what like 4 years ago now? - but the problem is it drops the weekend before Age of Wonders 4 comes out and I don’t think I can beat it in one weekend (certainly not in a “fun” way) so I’m going to have to hold off. I did also stop watching trailers - just the trailers I have seen so far have been great, I don’t really need to be “sold” on the game at this point. Sounds like you don’t either.

Given our respective positions on spoilers, I’m probably not the best person to answer that question. But I’ll take a stab that since it shows characters and situations that I’m assuming will factor into the game: very spoiler-y.

Where is this on sale because there’s no way I’m paying $70 for it.

On Xbox, if you have Ultimate Game Pass, EA games are discounted, so it’s $63.

If you’re on PC, gg deals is showing that CD Keys currently has Origin keys for $47 or so.

My biggest complaint with the first game was traversing the maps and the sequel really seems to address this issue with fast travel pts and the mounts.

What’s the word on the gameplay this time around? Is it respawns when resting again?

That’s part of the Souls formula that they used in the first one, so… Probably.

Yeah, I gave up very early on when I realized I was on strict rails with loads of platforming. I like the idea, but more in the shape of KOTOR than this.

Apparently this is going to be 140GB install size on Series X/PC at least. Need to uninstall a bunch of stuff to make room.

147 GB for PS5.

Pre-load in about 6.5 hours. I wonder if my “pre-load” will automatically become much bigger at that point?