Star Wars Rebels - Disney's new animated series

Oh man, I gotta get caught up.

I really enjoyed Clone Wars - is this show similar, or something completely different?

It’s similar, but takes place between episodes 3 and 4 rather than before episode 3. It’s also really good, but Clone Wars is a bit better.

It’s made by the same team/creator and it incorporates more and more Clone Wars characters over time, so it’s a direct canon sequel. Better not to even look them up, it’s a shock when they show up.

Season one is a little rough, but stick with it, if you got through Clone Wars it should be nothing to you lol.

So, my guess is that we will see a new rise of the Father, Son and Daughter.

Plausible, especially since it is a ‘have your cake and eat it too’ answer to our remaining force users.

The daughter was used to resurrect Ahsoka Tano, so there is a connection there already.

Ok, this is it. Time to see where it ends.

(I predict… multiple dead name characters)

Rex fought at Endor. It’s canon. Locked in. Nice.

I’ve started in on Rebels and made it through season 1. I’m liking it a whole lot more than Clone Wars season 1. I think the focus on a small group, rather than the larger war, makes a big difference. It helps that all the characters are mostly likeable. As per usual, my favorite - Hera - gets the least screen time and my least favorite - Ezra - gets the most. But even Ezra is not too terribly annoying and I’m liking the team dynamics, no matter how obvious they are.

It was painfully obvious, even before the reveal at the end of the last episode, that the Ghost crew was going to join the larger war. Hoping they don’t dilute the good small-team vibe with too much big-picture stuff.

They don’t.

Also hold on to your butts, the ending of Season 2 is IMO the best thing Star Wars in 40 years. Which for me is a high compliment, since I do not ascribe to the Qt3 consensus on things like Return of the Jedi.

But just wait until you meet the main villain for Season 2. They use him very well, and really play the Vader as a force of nature that we see used in Rogue One perfectly.

When I first started watching Rebels, I was afraid they were going to lean into the young adult genre style of story too much. They dont. By the end of the series, I felt it was one of the best Star Wars things they have done since the original trilogy. I really hope they do more with the characters from Rebels.

Came here to post this. I caught the odd episode when it was bumping around the Disney Channel in the UK and enjoyed it. When it became available to stream I watched it end to end.

It’s great.

Filoni is really the best Star Wars creative around right now. Rebels is great!

Rebels were great. Thrawn was probably the best SW antagonist ever, next to Kreia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydIaUx84HWs

I’m through season 3 now, and holy cow, was it great.

Amen, brother. Everything about how they wrote him in was excellent.

Can’t say I agree with this. Oh, it was fine, but it was clearly a setup for future plotlines and didn’t really do much outside of blinding Kanan. Even the Ashoka-Anakin meeting felt like they didn’t know quite what to do so just did the bare minimum of “now she knows” without other consequences. I thought both the ending of Rebels season 3 and Clone Wars season 7 were better. Doesn’t really matter with this kind of completely subjective appraisal, I know, but what else is Internet posting for? :)

I’m just thrilled whenever I see someone new has come across these series.

Finished out the series. Seasons 3 and 4 felt like one long arc to me, which is just fine. They kinda went overboard with the revenge-of-nature stuff in the finale IMHO, but that’s a pretty minor complaint. Wolves, great; space whale-squids, kinda a reach. The epilogue was fine, even if the kid kinda makes you do a double-take on the whole Kanan-Hera relationship. And I’d certainly be happy to watch a follow-on “Sabrine and the White Mystic” quest movie, if they want to make one.

So you didn’t get those vibes? It was definitely understated, but it was absolutely my read through the entire series that they were a couple like that.

In season 5 they have several scenes where the two of them are mooning over each other like teenagers, until Hera finally says “I love you”. That made it look like they’d been doing the dance all this time and never actually gotten together. Obviously not given the epilogue, but the sequence of events was out of whack.