Stardew Valley - Indie Farm Game

Nope. :(

I heard the long save times were patched in to combat save file corruption and other save issues on the consoles.

Or rather, the lengthy times are a side effect of the method used to fix those issues. I don’t remember the PC version taking long at all.

More content, for MP and SP, so happiness all around I hope.

I’ve been considering getting this on the Switch, but the long save times would really annoy me. According to the patch notes, save times were improved in the last patch (29th of November).

Players should see a significant improvement on save times! Also, the saving screen is now animated.

How are things now?

It’s quite a bit better but they sometimes can be longer. It saves at the end of the game day and takes 15-20 seconds. It’s not nearly as annoying as before and I definitely wouldn’t let that prevent you from getting the game.

Great news! Thanks.

Wait is someone here doing something other than buying Stardew Valley right now? Because that’s foolish at best.

Well, to be fair, it’s “buying it again” in my case, so ending up with a sub-par experience would be annoying. But 20 seconds sounds like a good compromise for a portable version.

Who knows, playing it in bed might lead to going to sleep earlier, but that seems like wishful thinking.

Hey, that’s exactly what I use it for and it works well because the day end save points are very natural times for turning the game off.