Stardew Valley - Indie Farm Game

The Onion just reposted this as part of their best of 2018 tweetstorm. I missed it the first time around and burst out laughing.

Whoa!

rockpapershotgun

Wow. That’s awesome. Specific types of fish too! Since it’s an additional building, I hope I can add it to an existing farm.

I will definitely have to check that out. Haven’t played in a while.

Gamepad support still janky and some things require mouse still according to friend who can’t use m+k due to MS.

Do you have to start a new game for the new content to be available?

That doesn’t sound right. Game is fully playable on Switch and mobile, and apart from filling names, everything else can be done with gamepad just fine…

I don’t think the new content is available yet. It looks like it comes out in 1.4, which has a “who knows when” release.

I’m not sure. He usually clarifies stuff like that closer to release though.

Another free update coming on Nov 26th!

https://www.stardewvalley.net/1-4-pc-release-date-more/

Content-wise, nearly every aspect of the game has been expanded or improved upon in some way.

One small example is the Wild Bait…which used to be essentially worthless… but now gives you a chance to catch double fish.

There’s a lot of little things like that, where I felt that the game had some holes or weak points that could use a little boost.

Another example, is that every spouse now has a unique 14-heart event after marriage.

There is more end-game stuff like that to keep things going a little further after you’ve completed everything. I don’t want to spoil very much, so you’ll just have to wait and see for yourself!

One more thing to share… on PC, a screenshot button in the options menu that lets you take a screenshot of your entire farm (or any area, for that matter).

Oh yeah! PC update I assume. I still like that version but man my PS4 could use some love.

PC on November 26, all other platforms a few weeks after. That’s the idea.

I was under the impression PS4 still didn’t have the MP update. Maybe it got those updates while I was busy. That would be pretty cool.

The XBox version just got that patch - it’s possible PS4 was patched at about the same time. I think the original blog post talks about that.

EDIT: it does, in the second paragraph. ;)

The most recent big news is that XBOX and PS4 now both have the 1.3 multiplayer update, bringing all platforms (except VITA) into parity with one another.

Awesome! Thank you.

Awesome. I’ve had the game since release and still haven’t played. WIll be perfect time to start!

Any news on when the Switch version gets it?

No specific date, but it’s “weeks after PC”, so it may happen in December.

https://www.stardewvalley.net/the-stardew-valley-1-4-content-update-is-now-available-on-steam-gog/

Might have to put this on the ‘to play soon’ list.

Holy cow, this is an amazing addition. Such a great game that keeps getting better!