Starfield by Bethesda -- PC and Xbox exclusive -- 09/06/23

Who says I do?!

Some of us are crying right this moment.

Hey, maybe you can win a dream date to help design Starfield!

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1364312403144499209

“The winner of this package will work with the award-winning team at Bethesda Game Studios, including executive producer Todd Howard, to create a character for their highly anticipated upcoming game, Starfield!”

Current bid $6,200. Woof, too rich for my blood.

I’m pretty sure this is coming out this summer, and rumors are rampant right now. Bethesda/MS has said that they have a game announcement this summer, and the only 2 games they are working on are Starfield and ES6, and Starfield started development earlier. I expect this will be like Fallout 4, an announcement followed by the game coming out 2-3 months afterwards, probably in Oct/Nov. I am very interested to see a new IP from Bethesda. I just hope they’ve worked on eliminating some of the Bethesda jank., along with a deeper RPG experience.

Please don’t do this to me… I don’t think I can take any more disappointments this year…!

Yikes, strap in buddy, it’s only March!

BUCKLE UP

Its been March for 54 weeks now!

Time and seasons have no meaning anymore!

How very Northern Hemisphere-centric of you!

Cormac must have moved to SoCal.

Nothing at all about this game… could just be vaporware.

Yeah, MS paid billions for a company that is producing vaporware, makes total sense.

Well, this guy thinks there’s a 90% chance it gets revealed at E3 and released in November. Now idea how reliable he might be though.

So 2022 for when the modders can fix the most glaring issues and shore up the weakest parts of the design. This time I’m going to wait rather than burn out on the game before that happens!

Heh, who am I kidding. I always cave and buy the game right away and then spend the next several years watching all the amazing overhaul mods come out and wish I had just waited. :)

What if the Starfield game engine is so old, that it requires games for windows live? :)

Isn’t that how Skyrim and Fallout 4, and I think even Fallout 76 worked out though? Reveal and just a few months later, release?

EDIT: Not the reveal I guess, Skyrim’s reveal trailer was a year before release. But “release date announcement” tends to be just months from release date, Fallout 4 was announced to be released Nov 2015 around mid-June of that same year, so this could be a similar setup.

It is. Just seems like the MS acquisition and COVID are some pretty serious wild cards thrown into the equation.

MS Acquisition I’m not sure would have had any real effect - except the possibility MS acquired them when they did knowing Starfield was A) going to be huge and B) that it was going to be out shortly after the acquisition was completed.

As for COVID, I suppose it’s possible this would have been a 2020 title if we hadn’t been experiencing the pandemic, so it’s possible COVID related delays already happened!

Of course, I’m speaking from my rectum.