Steam 2011/2012 Holiday Sale Thread

“On the first day of Steam Holiday Sale I gave unto myself…”

Steam 2011-2012 Holiday Sale starts this afternoon. What are you hoping for in your Steam stocking? What was you damage when it was all said and done?

I think all it will take is $10 off of Skyrim for me to bite even though Oblivion gave me a mild case of The Nausea. Not holding my breath, though.

Literally? The fov is completely changeable in Skyrim, so if that helps you would be fine.

Thees.

On the PC version anyway.

Well, the good news there is that it’s basically a new engine. The bad news is that there’s no telling if the specific issue that caused the barfiness has been resolved. I’ve got a friend who has the same issue with anything done by Starbreeze, across multiple platform generations.

If it helps at all, I don’t get any motion sickness from the game on 360, but I also don’t remember having any issues along that line with Oblivion either.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year
With the Steam sales up
So you can fill your PC gaming cup
It’s the hap-happiest season of all
With those daily specials and combo packs
When friends come to call
It’s the hap- happiest season of all

There’ll be LAN parties for hosting
Newbies for roasting
And Vent for those who want to blow
There’ll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories of
Raids long, long ago

There’ll be much cheap gaming
And forum flaming
of those who were overpaying

It’s the most wonderful time

Call me a luddite, but Skyrim is one of the few games I think I will still want a retail boxed copy of.

I’m hoping they put some of the older stuff in my wishlist on sale. I’d like to see $10 or less on Divinity 2 : DKS, $7.50 or less on Risen and Sacred 2, 75% off Two Worlds 2 and a 66% off deal on The First Templar (which I hear is not so great, but still looks interesting for $10 or less). I’d probably bite on a $5 Avadon as well.

Hmmm…that’s mostly a list of RPGs. If I score even half those I’d be busy for most of 2012 playing through them all.

EDIT : Nicely done Blackadar, that was brilliant!

I’m hoping for Anno 2070, The Settlers 7 and A Game of Thrones: Genesis above all else, but I might bite on some other good deals as well.

I’m looking forward to completing all the new holiday achievements in games that I bought in indie bundles over the past year but haven’t got round to playing yet.

good god, i own all the good games except for asscreed revelations and anno 2070.

The $20 650 guide is pretty nice as well.

I would like Bulletstorm for $5.

I would also like DX3 for $5, but that’s more of a next year’s sale.

As much as I have things I hope for, it’s going to be stuff that I’m not even thinking of that will get me to part with my pennies.

I’d probably bite on DX:HR, though.

Saints Row 3 is what I want the most. A deal on Anno 2070 wouldn’t hurt.

Nice job Blackadar :)

Good luck everyone with the sale!

I would probably bite on geneforge if it went on sale again

I hope they have something on sale that I don’t already own. My steam backlog is huge.

I’m hoping for a good ($10 or less) sale on Alice: Madness Returns. Because I really liked the first game at the time and would like to check out the second. But for cheap.

I’m scared…