Steam game streaming coming to mobile devices

The Steam Link app, slated to launch the week of May 21st, allows gamers to experience their Steam library of games on their Android (phone, tablet, TV) and iOS-based (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV) devices while connected via 5Ghz network or wired Ethernet to a host system (Mac or PC), with Android access initially offered in beta. The Steam Link App will feature support for the Steam Controller, MFI controllers, and more across both platforms.

fyi we are already discussing this latest streaming boondoggle here:

https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/finally-i-can-play-my-steam-games-in-bed/135233/8

That is a terrible thread title.

You are ;)

Because it isn’t trying to be cute and actually describes the topic?

Give yourself a pat on the back @Telefrog, @stusser decided that you won the war of the thread titles. I submit to your superiority!

Chappers had you beat by an hour, I’d have stuck with his over this late-comer. ;)

My first thought is that finally I can play my steam games in bed.

^^^^^

I’m a fan of thread thunderdome.

Two threads enter! One thread gets posts!

Anyway, sorry about the tussle. If I had known what your thread was about, I wouldn’t have posted this one. I thought the other thread was about playing games in bed using normal Steam link hardware.

I’m not really a fan of the clever-clever “who knows what this will be when I click on it!” for-teh-lulz topic titles, so this one winning is fine by me.

Now if you can work in a clever joke AND be an actual useful topic title, too… that is forum genius at works, folks. It is what we should all aspire to.

Do you include such gems as “Fuck Qualcomm right in their Qualcomm-hole”?

He might still be aspiring.

I wasn’t excited about this announcement until I read “Apple TV”. So that means there will be an ATV app that I can use instead of the Steam Link hardware to play Steam games on my TV? If so, that could be pretty sweet.

Absolutely, because Qualcomm is objectively terrible per benchmarks, and that’s the purpose of the topic, to discuss how awful they are. And continue to be.

So you might read that topic title and think, “hmm. Perhaps this topic will be about how Qualcomm is a canker sore on the face of the entire tech industry.” And you’d be right!

My absolute favorite QT3 thread title, hands down, is:

Excellent classic JRPG on Steam NOW $16.99

Not sure what will top that.

Now I can play that excellent classic JRPG in bed. :-)

And the first post didn’t even really help either! It took like 20 posts to find out the damn name.

And what might a new visitor think of that topic title? An aggressive title with swearing in it. Its non-descriptive nature aside. if I wanted to campaign for the forum to be more inclusive and welcoming, I’m fairly certain I’d consider titles like that to be less than helpful.

That is fair, I will edit the title.

And 4 years later it’s $19.99, because of reasons.