Steam gift pile

It isn’t marked “tradable” in the inventory, but you can still trade it away.

It’s suddenly marked tradable now.

You are pretty lucky then. I did the Spiral Knights achievement but I didn’t get any fun.

Control issues? The only one I’ve run into is that mouselook doesn’t work if you have a gamepad connected so you really have to choose mouse & key board or gamepad and stick to that choice. Other than that everything can be remaped / inverted or tweaked to your personal preference.

I now have 2 coupons from the first day and 5 coal. Have people gaming the system exhausted the supply of cool gifts?

I played on a laptop witg keyboard and mouse, seemed like the left/right axis was inverted or something…

You can fix that in options -> controls -> camera. Settings there to invert horizontal and/or vertical axis.

I registered my humble bundle purchase on Steam but didn’t instantly get prizes. So that was pretty disappointing.

All I’ve got are two lumps of coal and 33% off of a Valve game, cos I’m not doing much to pursue in-game achievements for this thing. If anyone wants that stuff, I’ll happily take a copy of Deus Ex: HR, Skyrim or, I donno, Arkham City in trade. Seems like a good deal to me.

Nothing but coal and coupons for the last 4 achievements. I too am starting to wonder if the multiple account shenanigans from day one and two ate up all the alloted freebies. I also think it’s pretty crappy that you can craft 7 pieces of coal into a gift and that gift can end up being a 25% off coupon. Crafted gifts should have some sort of minimum threshhold where they result in DLC at the very least. Even if it’s for a game you don’t have you could trade it…

http://steamcheeves.com/

Amazing how much whining people do about getting free stuff…

Hmm…

The way it’s spread in the terms looks something like this: 3/4 coal, 1/4 gift. Around 1/5 of those gifts seemed to be games - they don’t provide the #s. Coal was rarer earlier though. I’d guess they were seeding it with extra gifts & aren’t anymore.

I think the coal was just bugged on the first day. All the achievements I completed that didn’t kick in at first showed up as coal later on. I notice it’s not designed to be seen publicly in your inventory, so it might’ve had something to do with that.

Totally useless data point: I’ve done 7 achievements and gotten 7 lumps of coal. Which I am NOT crafting. I’ll take my 0.00001% chance of winning all games on steam rather than my 95% chance of getting a 25% off coupon for a game I already have.

I’ve done 10 objectives. Got 8 pieces of coal, Patrician IV, and a 50% coupon for Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath. The coupon caused me to buy the Oddboxx, which is on sale for like $5 anyway.

I also traded in 7 coal for a 50% coupon off Payday, which I have zero interest in.

Debating whether I will keep Patrician or get rid of it in a trade or something. I did like the Patrician games years ago, but I don’t know if I’d be as into it now.

Still really enjoying this event though!

7 achievements, 4 coupons, 3x coal and The Witcher 1.

Ah yes, I forgot about that bug already TranquilityBase.

Mine: 2 coals, 2 coupons, and “Rock of Ages” game.

Today’s new achievements… is the one for Rise of the Immortals as bad as I think it sounds? I’m picturing every team being full people who alt-f4 as soon as they get it, and tons of whining/cheese.

You could trade those away on the Steam board for a game of your choice under $10. People there are crazy.

6 acheivements, 5 coal, 1 copy of Half-Life that I promptly gifted to the first person on my wishlist who would take it. I’m not going out of my way for any of these acheivements since coupons are effectively useless for me, but I’ll do an acheivement for a game I already have installed if one comes up, and I’ll take all the freebies (join a group, look at your inventory) that I can get.

Goddamnit! I cannot nuke that motherfucker Santa! He was flying over to the eastern seaboard and I thought I had him dead. Two fleets of subs in position and half my silos full. I saturated the whole east coast, but that fucker flies into Buttfuck Nowhere,TN and then flies out across the Atlantic to Novgorod for one stop and back again, dodging the entire onslaught! WTF Santa?!

It’s easiest to nail Santa when he’s near one of your own silos and cities. You can’t target your own cities, but you can target the ground near them.

Good, then we’ll vaporize our own homes in order to kill the Christmas Spirit!