Steam Spring Sale 2023

I think it’s beautiful and insanely good. Nothing like it. Absolutely worth it. In fact, thanks, I’m reinstalling it right now. Maybe I won’t need Last Epoch after all. xD

Take a minute to first check Humble, Fanatical, GoG, etc. for their own deals and bundles also.

It’s terrific, especially with friends. Buy it if you plan to play co-op.

You’re welcome. I’ve flirted with buying it in the past but always held back. ITAD tells me that it’s at the historical low so I’m going to go for it.

Yeah it has two-player co-op, the nice thing is when you play solo the other character’s AI does a pretty good job of helping you get shit done. I think you both will like it, especially if y’all love Prodigy.

SO much fun. Even fun to watch. Whatever happened to LAN Party streams, Brian?

They’re usually on Fridays but we’ve not had them in a couple of weeks for reasons.

How’s it looking for tomorrow?

Decent.

Great! I trust you’re feeling better after whatever you had last week.

Ya, i’m thinking of doing the same. I’m like…why’d i stop playing that game?

Also, how’s your/my/our cat doing?

Getting old. :(

But for an old guy still doing pretty good, other than chronic pancreatitis. Have to give him a pill every two or three days and boy does he ever hate that.

For me it was putting over 50 hours into it in short order, playing at least one run (and usually more) a day for a while to eek out that one victory, but I know I’m nowhere close to plumbing its secrets.

I was thinking of grabbing Race for the Galaxy or Roll For the Galaxy. I wonder if they’re better or the same on the iPad?

sad to hear, sorry. My guy’s old too, thyroid for him, and we had some issues with pills too. Thankfully, there’s also a medical cream for that, and he tolerates that much better than the pills.

i think i just hit a skill ceiling (and maybe a literal ceiling that caused me to explode), but i did reinstall, so i’ll see soon enough :)

Hooray.

Picked up Cyberpunk, Call of Duty Black Ops, Noita

Been waiting for a sale for Cyberpunk.

Is Tabletop Simulator worth getting? Do you need to play online against others or can you do hotseat (I understand that if the person is in the same room then you might as well play the real game, but there are advantages). I see that there’s a small selection of paid DLC, but there must be lots of games available somewhere, right? How would I access those games?

I just played Treasures of the Aegean demo and I don’t think it’s for me, so that saves me $10 from my sale list. From the time the demo lets you play, it seems like the game is mostly about trying to navigate to different places each run, maybe find more story bits or clues to a puzzle, then maybe having to navigate to prior places to use that info.

I was hoping it would be a little more focused on the action and less about the navigation.

So now my tentative list is…
Nioh 2 $30 (definite buy)
Puddle Knights $4 (maybe)
Terraformers $16 (maybe)
Football Coach: College Dynasty $10 (maybe)
Strange Horticulture $10 (maybe)

Other than ATS DLC, the only thing on my wishlist with a big enough discount for me to maybe bite is Oxygen Not Included.

Pretty much every game you can think of is on the Workshop, some with more scripting than others.

I think it’s cheap enough that even if I just fool around with the classic games it will be worth it.