Steam Spring Sale 2023

Wrath of the Righteous mythic bundle is $10! For those who got the base game last month through Humble bundle, the DLCs are only $4.41.
Guess it was a price error on Steam part, they fixed it, now back to regular sale price of $29.67

They also changed the games view on our profiles. I’m guessing this happened today?

No longer locks up steam for 5 minutes when I open up mine. Shows achievement %s there too.

It is a game about learning the map and mastering the paths through it–but not really until the late game. Early on, it’s about jumping, sliding, swinging, and exploring the whole huge map and getting as many collectibles as you can. Each one you find gives you more time in the next time loop. Does the demo have time looping?

Eventually you’ll find major puzzle rooms and you’ll have to solve a chain of puzzles in a single loop by maneuvering across the map really efficiently. Shame it didn’t make a good impression. I thought it was wonderful, but I didn’t play the demo.

Also wonderful!

Jedi Fallen Order at $4 seems… quite the deal.

I bought Tower Tactics Liberation for 10 bucks. Tower Defense Roguelike Deckbuilder.

I bought the Distant Worlds 2 dlc and Last Epoch!

I think I am doing the sale wrong.

The demo had at least 1 timed loop, maybe 2. This wasn’t a game where I can’t understand why someone would like it, it just doesn’t play to what I enjoy. I’m not someone who likes to have to memorize a lot of things, so exploring different paths and trying to remember which ways I’ve taken doesn’t appeal to me. Then needing to remember what paths lead to what is even worse. Maybe it isn’t as much trouble since the game does have at least a partial map, but it seems like something that would give me trouble, and not in a good way. In a 3D world I have an easier time visualizing paths through things than I do in that side view too.

It does seem like it is well done, with smooth visuals and controls - I just don’t think the concept is for me. it’s a shame because I was excited to see it on a decent sale.

You know, I do think I had a similar reaction at first, where the map felt a little too sprawling, I would think I knew where I was and was wrong, and I had to reference the map screen more than I wanted to to figure out precisely which way to go (and then check it again a few screens further on). Overall, I think the level design is quite good, but what would have made it great was if they had more unique landmarks to really make certain passages and intersections stand out. Even by the end, a lot of the ruined Greek buildings in the top left of the map felt indistinguishable to me, and the deeper caves and catacombs definitely blurred together. You do get to know the map well enough if you stick with it, but it could be easier.

In the last Steam Sale, I bought Immortals Fenyx Rising and Witcher 3. Since then, I am only halfway through replaying Witcher 3, haven’t tried Fenyx yet, and I also need to invest way more time in Farming Simulator 2022 and Anno 1800, which I tried and loved but didn’t have enough time for. So… I think I’ll just pass on this Sale…

Don’t forget to claim your daily sticker on the main page by visiting a category!

I miss the card collecting. At least that felt like a fun little scavenger hunt even if I didn’t buy anything. The stickers are useless to me. But I collect them anyway.

Ah thanks, I hadn’t seen they were doing daily stickers for this sale.

Just picked up Sunset Overdrive ($4, new historical low) and DLC for Tunguska: The Visitation (interesting looking isometric/top down STALKER like game that I got from a Fanatical bundle).

I was very happy with the game at full price. It’s not for everyone though, obviously. But at $4, if it’s not for you, not a big loss. So I hope everyone gets it. At least, everyone who wants to support triple-A big budget single player games.

Last night I bought Noita and Strange Horticulture for $10 each.

I got it for free from Amazon Prime and found that price to be exactly what it was worth, but to each their own. :)

I enjoyed Fallen Order and I hate soulslikes. It has an easy mode which isn’t too challenging.

I’ll freely stipulate that I suck at these sorts of games, but I just found the checkpoints to be way too far apart in this one. The fifth time I had to walk through the same dungeon to get to the same fight I just stopped bothering. It wasn’t even a rage quit, I just took a break and never bothered to start the game again, because why would I?

Going to +1 this post, that’s how I did it and I’m not a Souls-like person. Bump it down to easy and you can just go all Skywalker on everybody.

Almost bought it and then I saw it requires an EA account to play. Fuck EA.

Hey, Unavowed is $6 and it is literally an all-time great, top-ten adventure game. Unless you truly break out in hives at the thought of a point-and-click adventure game, you’ll probably love it. If you’ve been hurt by point-and-clicks in the recent or distant past, I think you’ll find it has a lot of antidotes to the classic issues: Puzzles that aren’t absurdly obscure, multiple solutions to puzzles, a non-linear structure, and great world-building and writing. The pixel art is also great, even if here and there it hits the limits of what its engine (AGS) can do, mostly in terms of animations.

I feel like I don’t see enough references to Unavowed around here, which implies to me that there’s gotta be some folks out there who haven’t tried it yet. Price of a cup of coffee, yadda yadda, etc etc.

Hah, clicked over to buy it on your recommendation and as is so often the case, found myself face-to-face with: