Steam Spring Sale 2023

I’ve picked up the following;

1. Huntdown for some couch coop goodness (luv me some Broforce, this seems to channel the same energy).
  2. We Know the Devil, which I’ve wanted to check out awhile since I loved Heaven Will Be Mine and this is the dev’s first game.
  3. Terraformers which looks like a cool sci-fi strategy… thingy.
  4. Unavowed (coz Nightgaunt).

I usually don’t buy this many at once since I’ve found I’m better served just buying whatever it is I’m in the mood for in the moment (Terraformers, apparently). I’m too whimsical and backlogs make me feel kinda bad as a result. So this is all Nightgaunt’s fault, really; I wouldnae bought four otherwise.

A game a day for 8.2 years!

Or a game a week for 57 years!

Um, yeah, that’s a lot of games. Congrats on the collection!

It would probably take me another 40-50 years of collecting to get to your point, considering I have only 638 games over 13 years.

All set for retirement in 20 years. :D

All of my wishlist games are coming soon. Or BG3 for full price. Oh well.

Solasta’s an incredible implementation of D&D rules, if that’s of interest. All indications are that Baldur’s Gate 3 is really going to be Divinity Original Sin 3 which, if that’s what you want, is fine.

Thanks for reminding me! I just reinstalled this on Game Pass.

(It bugs me more than it ought to that the start menu icon is a black square with the neon-green word XBOX inside it. Maybe it’s just me but can’t we get the icon right, people?! All the other games seem to manage it just fine.)

Looks interesting. Is is puzzley? I don’t care for puzzles.

I’m not super sure about the main campaigns but I don’t think they’re too puzzley. The main draw is a great implementation of the combat/magic of DnD5e and more so for me the many great user made campaigns many of which are longer than the official campaigns.

Your comment made me go look for a user-campaign site, and it looks like it’s all handled through Steam Workshop, for the most part? Is there a way to play these campaigns in the Game Pass versions?

A quick google indicates you can’t really mod any GP games. The only Solasta specific answers were all negative but over a year old so maybe something has changed.

imho, it’s worth getting on Steam just for the mod support. Especially on sale. Plus it’s still being worked on with another campaign dlc coming soon.

No, but there’s an unusual amount of room for “clever” in a D&D kind of sense. The environment is very interactive and the possibility space for your characters (i.e. the range of things you can try) is larger than in any D&D CRPG I’ve played.

Interesting. Yeah, I think I remember that being the reason I held off on buying it on Xbox in the last sale, even though it was something like $10 or $14 for the base game, and all the DLC was on really good sale too. It’s a PlayAnywhere game, meaning if I buy it on Xbox, I also have it on PC. But if the good user campaigns are only on Steam, then I shouldn’t get it on Xbox.

Jeez, and I thought my collection was big (I’m still sub-1K).

Wow, and I was feeling excessive with my 511-game collection over the past 18 years! :)

Oh wow. I decided to try this last night… First few games were short as my people starved. Then I caught on, and had to save the game at 11:15 last night because it was bedtime and I was in the 2100s and having a blast. I couldn’t figure out how a match-3 game could possibly have Civ elements, but sure enough, once it clicks, it’s really fun and interesting. Thanks for the reco! Absolutely amazing bargain even at full price.

I bought this last sale and haven’t tried it yet, so glad people are liking it. Sounds like i’ll enjoy it.

Yep, Tiny Civ is good, it has that one more turn match 3 addictiveness .

An Expert of Accrual. LMAO.

My haul;

Sonic Origins (on sale outside of Steam)
OlliOlli World
Amid Evil
Cruelty Squad
Post Void
Mortal Sin

And DLC for Doom Eternal (no idea why it’s taken me this long), Horizon Chase Turbo and Streets of Rage 4.

Quite happy with this bunch, should keep me going for a while.

DLC for Horizon Chase Turbo, you say?

there is an outrun inspired one, and a quite cool formula one inspired ayrton senna one.