Steam Stuff - What Has the Digital Distribution Giant Done Lately?

A sale is a sale. It’s going to be busy, like usual.

Usually I can still use the chat service and get to my library and such. Maybe this is based on region, but I while I can sign into Steam I can’t do anything once I’m in the application itself. I don’t know if I can even launch games without the “go offline prompt”, maybe that’s not a problem (I’m at work) but this seems like a much worse issue then I recall seeing when they do a sale. It looks like @kerzain is able to get in though, so maybe it’s just on my end.

While it’s possible that they’re not handling the same old load, it’s also possible that the market for PC games keeps growing beyond their expectations.

Just came across this.

Sounds like it’s fairly wide spread. I assume it’s related to the sale, of course, but continue to maintain they have not dropped the ball this hard in some time.

Yeah the store doesn’t even load for me, app or otherwise.

Yeah, I haven’t really cared about a Steam sale in a while (but I’m trying to get in to grab the weirdo “Crisis in the Kremlin” titles for cheap-as-free), but I can’t remember the site ever going down this hard for this long, really.

LMAO oh boy.

Steam DDoS’d… itself.

D’oh. Well, that explains a lot.

Man they are lucky they aren’t Epic or people would be really mad right now.

It appears to have cleared itself up, for me anyway.

It’s back up on my end but I see no evidence yet of a halloween sale taking place.

I can get to the store but Friends are still down. Progress though.

Well, web 4.0 (or is it 5.0 now?) is scary in its waste of resources, so it’s thematic.

Some of those were apparently pricing errors, wish I’d been able to get Dark Future at that price. It’s up to $18 now.

I honestly had no idea. Guess I got lucky. I can’t help but wonder which of the other 60 items on my wishlist I could have grabbed at the wrong price.

In non-sale news, new CSGO keys are now locked to account due to heavy money laundering.

I presume people will now shift back to TF2 keys (or DOTA2 equivalents?)

I sort of miss the glory days of inter-region game trading with keys as the common currency back in 2011/12, even though it was obviously not sustainable.

Uh… this is interesting.

An EA game listed on Steam?

Yep, EA is coming back to STEAM.

You still need Origin and an account at them though. So its just a platform more to sell on, for EA.