Steam Summer Sale 2014 - Gems / Hot Deals / Take Ma' Money

Apparently when I cleared my cookies Steam decided that my PC was a new device, and won’t let me use the market until 7 days have passed, which is a great way to promote buying and selling of cards for the sale event. You would think they’d have a better system in place.

While it could pop up again as a flash sale or in a community choice group, it’s doubtful it will be any cheaper than it’s current 80% off ($3.99). I could see them maybe lumping it together with the 3 DLCs for it and asking $5, but that’s a real longshot. If you’re interested in the game, I’d say pick it up.

Bit Trip Flux is already 80% off. Could be an error
This one’s a bit old on consoles, but the PC release was a couple weeks ago.

Do you have a link for the bot mode commitment? I don’t see anything other than fans talking about it.

Haha, the team split thing is amusing to think about. Also Red team sucks neener neener.

@ Telefrog. I’ll find it for you when I get home from work. It was directly from the project lead (Norm Nazaroff) on one of the dev streams. There’s an archive of the streams over on Youtube.

Edit: Here’s one of the devs talking about bot support.

We have updated the priority on bots.

Based on initial discounts neither Distant Worlds or Pandora First Contact will discount enough to make me purchase them, how sad…

I have absolutely nothing to look forward to in this sale. Maybe EU4’s trade DLC if I can find the time to get back into EU4. Maybe a super discount early opt-in for Civilization Beyond Earth. Maybe some $1.50 throw-away game that I buy because it was only $1.50.

Oh well, there is always selling cards gained by voting so maybe Steam will be paying me this time :)

Does the DLC for The Bureau add anything to the game? Is it worth picking up if I think I will like the main game?

Which of these do you recommend if you aren’t really into the 4X genre? If I were to say that I enjoyed, for instance, Space Pirates and Zombies and Starflight when it comes to space games.

I will host a 5 pack if there is interest.It would be $6.50 per key, I accept the paypal. I won’t buy it till we get 5 though.

Scratch that, I got in on a friends 5 pack.

Some highlights that are absolutely worth buying at their current prices if they don’t drop further:

Analogue: A Hate Story, Hate Plus, and soundtracks for $6.79, or each game separately for $3.39. A pair of excellent visual novels about AIs and Korean history. Be prepared to spend a lot of time reading.
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+: All You Can Eat Edition for $3.74, or the normal version for $2.49; despite the labels, the normal version is just CE DX, while AYCEE features all the actual new content that makes it CE DX+. Hyper-fast timed version of Pac-Man, with some very neat twists. I actually have it sitting in the shmups category in my Steam library, which should make sense once you play it.
Marlow Briggs for $0.99. I haven’t played this one myself, but everyone I know has said it’s an excellent God of War clone, and it’s only a dollar.
The Last Remnant for $2.49. Pretty cool JRPG from Square Enix.

PixelJunk Shooter is 80% off.
PixelJunk Eden is 75% off.

Community choice just got posted. Winner is … Action-RPG!

7 Days To Die -45% $13.74
South Park Stick of Truth -33% $40.19
Torchlight 2 -75% $4.99
Van Helsing -33% $10.04

7 Days to Die at that price was insta-buy for me.

Drox Operative
Starpoint Gemini II
Space Rangers

Based on you mentioning those two games.

Is 7 Days to Die that good? Is the general consensus positive here on QT3?

Code breakers is just another short set of missions, perfectly ok but more of the same. Not sure about Hangar 6… but buying it now :) It’s not a short game and there’s not a whole lot of variety. I think you can safely skip the DLC.

Cool, I’m check 'em out.

I have been keeping an eye on it, but it seems still very much an alpha. I myself will wait till the winter sale and see what 6 months does for it.

Wish listed Drox Operative

Do you remember Delver? The procedural generated pixelated 3D FPS dungeon RPG ala Ultima Underworld? It is $3.75 now! Grab it!!

I’m weak. I spent the extra 2 bucks for the DLC. I also bought The Witcher 2 for $3.99(my son recommended it from the 360 version he plays), Marlow Briggs for 99 cents, and The Last Remnant for cheap too. Welcome to my backlog. The rest of the sale had better suck big time.