Steam Summer Sale 2014 - Gems / Hot Deals / Take Ma' Money

Thanks! I thought those were just puzzle challenge things.

Bought the first two. They’re worth it for the heroes alone. Both these decks also have a few rare-quality cards, and they’re not terrible ones.

Hey, so is the HD remake of Space Rangers 2 worth it? It’s 9 bucks right now.

That Witcher and Xcom is leading the sale is a bit boring, those two have been discounted so many times now its hard to believe anyone doesn’t have them yet…

Anyhow very little recent games on the list imho, but some on Brians space list are indeed something I’ll bite if on sale, Drox and expansion for example.

Well blimey, Drox and expansion is 50% off, and its a sale!

Yeah I was confused by that too. But it was cheap enough I figured I’d take a look, especially since I didn’t remember DoC having any puzzle-mode.

As the sale drags on I’m kinda hoping I can snag the Seria deck if not also the Namtaru deck. At $1 and $13 they’re both a bit much for me right now, but as more people make 'em hopefully the prices will drop.

Heh. I’m expecting to see Saints Row 3 at some point. It’s been in every steam sale since dinosaurs walked the earth.

Its been a solid game for quite some time now. As others will probably tell you in its own thread, I suspect it will become THE rpg of 2014.

My goal this summer is to not buy anything.

My wallet is firmly stashed in my pocket!

I can’t say it’s the best thing ever, but to say there is “nothing good today” is factually incorrect, at least in my opinion! :)

Yeah, if you just finished building your first PC today and loaded up Steam for the first time, you are in heaven.

If you have even casually followed sales for the past year the daily deals are a bit underwhelming.

And it is my god given right to be jaded about Steam sales! :D

I don’t have Witcher 2…I won’t buy it until I play Witcher 1 first, no matter the price. (Unless free :) )

There’s some franchise-y games also on daily sale:
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $3.99 - (80% off).
Divine Divinity - $1.19 - (80% off).
Divinity Anthology - $5.99 - (80% off). DD, D2, Beyond D.
DMC3 and DMC4 75% off as part of the flash sale.

Use this link if you’re going to buy them for an extra 25% off:

Looks like DMC3 has a ton of negative reviews though :(

I look forward to buying it and playing it at some point. I loved Divine Divinity.

If you like older versions of SR2 or never played before but always wanted to check it out, then I would say yes. Definitely get more than $9 of value out of it.

Minimum’s 50% off. It’s a blend of MOBA and third person shooter, with tons of in-game unlocks and classes. It’s a steal at $9.99. Human Head Studios took over development after Timegate shut down last year.

Minimum’s Steam page.

I thought Minimum was a F2P game, though? Are you buying the game or some type of in game perk pack/skins/whatever?

HAh, this is where my brain just went MrTibbs…

Me: Oh, someone is talking about a game I’ve never heard of, let’s see!

MrTibbs: Minimum’s 50% off. It’s a blend of MOBA womp womp womp womp womp womp (i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04)

Me: Well, there’s something I’ll never play…

Sorry, I just thought it was funny. ;)

Thanks for the reply. Does this new version do more than just add new resolutions? I ask because I already have an earlier version of SR2 on Steam.

It adds more music, more missions, a new pirate type of gameplay, more equipment, and so on. It’s a pretty massive upgrade.

So that’s a daily deal and unlikely to go cheaper right? I am fine with $4 but I am also fine waiting if it might go lower this sale.

Overall I was disappointed with what they have so far, but then I realized I just own everything already. Sigh.

That was the original intent when it was back at Timegate, now it’s a premium game. They’ve made it very clear that is not going to change. Human Head’s adding bot support, a mini-dungeon crawl mode and just added deathmatch today. They livestream updates a couple of times a week.

@Brian Rubin. Ha, no worries! It’s the only MOBA style game I play but I can totally understand having that reaction. Basically it’s a shooter with a neat MOBA twist. For example, should you farm creeps to power up your titan, or should try to interrupt the opposing team’s efforts and power up your weapons? I’ve really enjoyed my time with it.

I can’t speak to the HD irmprovements specifically, but if you haven’t played the game before, very much worth it.