STEAM SUMMER SALE 2017, June 22-July 5

From Fred Wester of Paradox:

1. Some of the frustration has been expressed due to our DLC policy and how we handle additional content for our games. Since the release of Crusader Kings 2 (Feb 14, 2012) we have adopted a policy where we release paid content and at the same time content for free even if you do not want to pay for the DLC. This means that if you only paid for the original game, you still have a completely different game today with thousands of additions, upgrades and changes. This doesn’t mean you should stop giving us feedback on how we conduct our business but if you straight out just hate our DLC policy I respectfully say that we have to agree to disagree.

PC only. I just checked. Damn.

The bundle includes both:

Ohhhhh…I guess that’s okay then.

What are you gaming on?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports).

And a PS4 Pro. And a Nintendo Switch.

Seriously, that’s a bummer you can’t play this dude.

I’ll live. On my wishlist, Mac compatible and for sale:

Kerbal Space Program
Everything
Gratuitous Space Battles
Quadrilateral Cowboy
Death Road to Canada
Subnautica
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
Tyranny
Slime Rancher

Any of those that are must buys, in anyone’s opinion? They’re all cheaper, but with the exception of Everything, and GSB, nothing’s under my $10 CAD impulse buy.

Kerbal is a must buy.

Didn’t have this on my wish list, but just noticed Stick of Truth is 75% off. I’ve heard it’s great…not sure I’d spend time playing it.

Do you like South Park? If you do then SoT is a must buy because it is like playing an extended episode.

If you do not like South Park then you will hate the game.

Thanks for the advice. At $21.99, it’s 50% off but a long way away from impulse purchase. It might be the only thing I end up buying, though. This is the best price it’s ever been, right?

I wouldn’t call myself a big fan. I’ve seen the show a number of times, but not in years. At times I have found it hysterical.

Another commendation: it’s stupid, sometime with frustrating boss fights, but that was a heck of a lot of fun!

Come join us :O

But this isn’t what I paid for in the first place, Fred :(

Thanks for the advice guys! Bought Phantom Pain and Sniper Elite 3, for now. Special shout out to Papageno for gifting one of the other games on the list to me.

Thanks for the mention, but I hope I didn’t steer you wrong on Sniper Elite 3–I wasn’t speaking from personal experience, but have been considering picking it up, and 6 bucks seemed a good price.

BTW, I think Mad Max was on your list, which I did play and like. Even pre-ordered it (albeit for 40% off, so $36) when it came out.

Is XCom 2 a pick up, play and stop type of games? As I ponder through the sale, I don’t think I’m able to commit for a long sit through type of game such as FO4 or GTA:V. Maybe XCom 2 or Dishonored 2 are short enough for each sitting?

I know this isn’t a game but I think I might pull the trigger on this with the entire season for only $10.28. It’s a hell of a lot cheaper than I paid when it was first coming out.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2534/Ghost_In_The_Shell_Stand_Alone_Complex_Season_1/

Seeing as how I loved the first and second games of the series, I don’t think the risk is high!

Mad max wasn’t on my list but its in my backlog (thanks Tom!). I think I need to bump it near the top.

OK, Twilight Struggle and Logistical are bought. Now to ponder the others. Still open to advice!

Tried to order 7 games and got a message that it was rejected by my credit card company. Called the CC company and they said it should not be rejected and to call Steam about it. This never happened to me before.