• Quest for Infamy
  • Mind: Path to Thalamus
  • Blackguards 2
  • NaissanceE
  • IWD: Special Ed
  • Dream
  • Sunless Sea

Ok, I’ll play.

I don’t agree at all. If you were just dumped into the ‘sci-fi setting’ I’m pretty sure the hook of the game simply wouldn’t exist. It serves a very specific purpose.

As for the drawer opening and closing @Rock8man: what were you searching for exactly? One of my favourite things about SOMA is that it exposes gamers’ tendency to rummage for… stuff, even when there’s no specific reason to. I had to catch myself numerous times early on. There was the odd note here or there, usually in plain sight, but generally speaking there wasn’t much to find in drawers or cupboards, as you’d expect.

Besides, I love all that pushing and pulling stuff, and have done since Penumbra: Overture. It adds tactility and weight to objects in the world, but crucially: tension when you’re cracking doors open to take a sneaky peek through. SOMA actually dials back a lot of this compared to its predecessors too! :-)

This happened to me too.

Looking through the summer sale cards I have left in my inventory, they have descriptions like “Received from purchasing during the sale” and “Received for completing your discovery queue during the sale” - but some (which I assume were from the 13 cards from the first day) say “Received from a Steam error in your favor,” which made me smile.

Oh yeah, the sale. No damage yet but I’m currently considering:

• Armello (for MP with friends)
  • Pulsar: Lost Colony (for MP with friends)
  • Nier: Automata
  • Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor
  • Jazzpunk
  • Gonner
  • Gunpoint
  • Verde Station

I wasn’t planning to buy anything…

Before you post about noticing “that” game, I’d recommend everyone give the trailer for Genital Jousting a shot. Oh, need to mention, it’s INCREDIBLY NSFW.

Edit: I enjoy ridiculous party games that make everyone uncomfortable. Also recommended: Mount Your Friends.

Domina was a wise choice! :D

It’s people like you selling me on things that makes this happen in the first place. Might as well report it to y’all. :)

I don’t remember. Whatever the opening objective of the game is. You’re in a locked (?) room with a bunch of drawers, and you’re supposed to find something.

The plot? :)

Woohoo!

Yay!!

This is me.

There are still a couple of weeks to go, so if you all start raving about something else (Brian!), then I might get caught for more.

I am in kind of a bind here. The car is leaking power steering fluid. It also needs a module replaced in the computer that controls the cooling system. According to the dealer this will cost about $1200. I know a good mechanic who can probably shave a few hundred off of that. OTOH I just bought a Vive. I’m not sure if I’m in a good position to spend money on any games.

You can bring games to your grave and beyond, not cars.

Were there any games that were catching your eye?

This is my damage so far, please don’t judge me too harshly.

A couple. One VR. Not a biggie. I downloaded a lot of free VR things. Who knows, I may hit the sale on the last day or so if anything calls out to me.

Anyone have experience with Universe Sandbox 2? It looks pretty cool.

I have the first one. It was fun for me, for a while, then I uninstalled it. Can’t speak to the new one.

Edit: It seems that 2 has a VR element. As well it seems that it was going to be free to owners of the original. That would have been cool.

Creator Dan Dixon had once planned to offer the sequel free to everyone who bought the first game, but as the game grew – as did its development team – and time wound on, he changed his mind. The original was created on a wonky abandoned engine, while ² started over on Unity. I can understand going back once he realised quite how much work ² would be, but still, remember plans aren’t promises and neither’s inviolable.

I had to try a game called Sword With Sauce:Alpha. For $3.00 it’s fun.

Can someone please critique my buy list?

Hyper Light Drifter $10

Hollow Knight $10

Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition $10

Are the choices and prices good?